Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner

Dry hire / barn / woodland venues in Kent/Surrey/Gloucestershire

RedHair82, 30 of May of 2017 at 09:00 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi everyone, I know there are some posts on here about dry hire venues but they are fairly old, and the search function hasn't been very helpful, so I am looking for some help!

We want something a little different and money is a bit tight, so thinking a woodland/glamping setting somewhere where we can bring our own caterers and alcohol? We would also want the ceremony there (or at least nearby), and this is where I am coming a little unstuck as many really remote woodland venues won't allow a legal ceremony there. Barns are also an option but don't know of any dry hire ones that aren't extortionate to hire.

We live in Surrey, but Kent, Sussex, and Gloucestershire/Cotswolds is also an option as that's where my fiance is from.

Would love any ideas you have! Thanks in advance! ?

3 replies

Latest activity by SunnyGreenConfetti967, 15 of July of 2018 at 20:45
  • S
    Beginner January 2018
    SunnyGreenStationery800 ·
    • Hide content

Hello, I just found your post because I was looking to write a similar one! I came across a woodland venue in Hertfordshire, not exactly where you are looking but you might like it or perhaps they would be able to tell you some of their competitors!? We're looking for a winter wedding so it wouldn't work for us - http://woodland-weddings.com/ and they do ceremonies. Not sure if you can bring all your own stuff but it looked beautiful.

You might also want to try Village halls as they are cheaper and more flexible - Hastoe Village Hall, Boxgrove Village Hall, High Hurstwood Village Hall, Rotherwick Village Hall, Barcombe Village Hall. I don't think they are all in your location but thought it might be useful to list the ones I know anyways.

Good luck

• E
    Beginner September 2018
    ExpensiveBlueStationery644 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you very much for those ideas and the website! It's definitely going to be tricky! I even looked at people that just rented out fields yesterday so we could do it completely DIY with a tipi etc!

• L
    Lauratemps ·
    • Hide content

Hi! I am looking for exactly the same thing in the same areas...perhaps we can put our heads togetherand find something perfect for both of us!

• S
    Beginner October 2018
    SunnyGreenConfetti967 ·
    • Hide content

Hey,

when I first started looking for a venue I was looking at something similar and came across this venue http://www.theoakgrove.uk/index.html in Kent. Never did see it in the flesh as ended up on smaller numbers and a village hall but from the website it looks so cool for a woodland type wedding and also allows use of own caterers. Not dry hire as does seem to have a bar but does also state no corkage fees for post ceremony drinks and wine on table so may be some flexibility there?

Good luck with your venue hunt ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics