Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner July 2018

Dry hire venue - complete clear out on the evening!

RomanticOrangeFlowers915, 28 of August of 2017 at 15:15 Posted on Planning 0

So we are hoping to dry hire our chosen venue in Shoreditch to save money. However, this means that lighting, chairs, PA, decorations etc must be organised by ourselves.

Now the bit I'm stuck on - the venue requires that the hall is completely clear on the actual night of the wedding (so after the wedding reception finishes at 12am. The cleaners arrive around 2 or 3am). I have no idea if this is feasible - has anyone else had to have their venue cleared on the same night? Did you hire staff to clear it all? Did you find many hire companies willing to pick up during the night?

It is such a beautiful space but this is causing us such a headache - also there is only one space for loading and no car parking space - so that really does make it tricky!

They have weddings there all the time but they are organised by a separate catering company that we just can't afford.

• C
    Beginner August 2018
    ClaireRosie ยท
    • Hide content

Hi!

My fiance's sister had a similar issue with their venue. I think everything had to be cleared by 10am the next day and it was in the middle of nowhere! After her and her groom had left around midnight, my fiance, her mum and dad and myself all quickly stripped and cleared the venue. It really didn't take long and we were just so happy the bride and groom had had a great time. I know you won't want to burden anyone, but people really are happy to help! We made it simple by having several large cardboard boxes stashed away and then we just quickly grabbed and packed everything into the boot of the van we hired - it doesn't have to be a huge job as long as you quickly just gather everything up. Could you speak to your immediate family and see what they suggest? I can guarantee that people will be happy to help you and even just want you to leave and let them do it! It's your one day so let other people help you!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics