Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner January 2010

Dry hire venue (use our own caterers and no corkage) nearish Oxford or Guildford

SurreyOxfordBTB, 2 November, 2011 at 21:55 Posted on Planning 0

Hi all. This is my first post and I'm hoping some of you can help me from your experience. We are just starting to look at options for venues for our wedding. I'm not from England and I've been struck by how much the market for weddings seems to be tied up by hotels and country houses offering packages which can be lovely but it isn't really what we are looking for. What we'd really like is somewhere with lots of outside space where we can have games, the ability to use our own wine and caterers and not being kicked out until the wee hours. Just a field with water would work but what would be brilliant would be somewhere with electricity and buildings we could use as chill out space/for caterers. If any one out there knows of such a place I'd be really greatful for a reply. Many thanks. Kate

• P
    Beginner September 2012
    PhoenixAngelic ·
    • Hide content

You might want to try Friars Court in Clanfield. They have a barn which we decorated into a mediaeval banquet hall and we had use of the grounds etc. Jeffrey is the most gorgeous man you'll ever meet and so helpful. We used a catering company (NG Catering and Events) and the food was A-MA-ZING! (If you go down that route and want to try the mediaeval thing, let me know as I still have all the banners and shields and flame lamps etc).

Alternatively you could talk to Lady Rotherwick at Cornbury Park. You are able to 'hire' a space in the grounds and although you would have to take everything in (catering tents, toilets, etc) it could be really magical. I met with her earlier this year and considered this for my forthcoming wedding. Had I not already fallen in love with somewhere else, this would definitely have been right up there on my list.

I'll keep thinking and if I come up with anything else will post some more suggestions.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics