Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Beginner March 2014

Dubrovnik Luxury Weddings

123bridetobe, 4 of February of 2013 at 11:18 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 6

Hi all,

Haveing recently got engaged we are looking to get married in Croatia next year and stumbled across Dubrovnik Luxury Weddings.

Has anyone used these or known of others who have. They seem fantastic and have great reviews too.

Thanks

6 replies

Latest activity by 123bridetobe, 6 of August of 2013 at 15:04
  • L
    Beginner
    LeahBraith ·
    • Hide content

Hi, we used DLW for our wedding in Dubrovnik last year and they were fantastic. Paula and Maya looked after us really well and took care of all the little details that can be a nightmare when getting married abroad. We chose the Sponza palace for our wedding venue and the Excelsior terrace for the reception, both amazing venues and our guests were blown away. We saved a bit of money on the wine by sourcing it ourselves from a Croatian wholesaler (http://vino.hr/) as the hotel was expensive and even with corkage this worked out cheaper. We also found this firm for the music (www.mypartymix.co.uk) as we didn't want an unknown quantity local band/dj - they just did a great mix which we stuck on an iPod. Paula from DLW was great when looking at all the venues and spent a whole day showing us some incredible places and negotiating us some great deals. As the Excelsior terrace shuts down at 11.30, we agreed a deal with the East West beach club on bottles of spirits/mixers and just carried on there until the early hours, it really was an incredible party. The whole day went amazingly smoothly and we couldn't have done it without DLW, highly recommended, we had a great experience!

Beginner March 2014
    123bridetobe ·
    • Hide content

Hi Leah,

Many thanks for your reply, I have gone ahead with DLW, going out to see them at the end of April. Have booked the Neptune Hotel for the reception venue but cannot make my mind up on ceremony venue.

With the wine did DLW arrange that for you as they have mentioned to me about sourcing it from a wholesaler and then only paying the corkage?

That is a great idea with the party mix, I will look into that. Which band did you have? Were they recommended by DLW?

Thanks again

• L
    Beginner
    LeahBraith ·
    • Hide content

With the wine wholesaler, we found that company by searching online, separately from DLW. We set up a Post Office foreign exchange account to pay them and other people, as it's by far the cheapest way to make overseas payments. We used the Halifax Clarity credit card for spending once there as also has the best overseas rates and no fees. The hotel then took delivery and we settled corkage with them direct.

The party mix worked well and it's nice as you can keep a copy of the mix which we listen to now and again to re-live those special moments!

We were recommended a couple of bands by DLW but in the end decided against it as a mate of ours is in a band himself so he did an acoustic set, then we just put the mix on.

Let me know if you want to ask anything else along the way! It's worth taking a day to look round all the ceremony venues as you'll probably have a feeling once you find the one! Good luck.

• B
    Beginner July 2014
    Borris14 ·
    • Hide content

Hi girls,

We have just booked our Wedding in Dubrovnik. We are going with Hotel Neptune also. Just wondering what did ye decide to do about a Band? We are not sure if we really like the one the Wedding planner recommended. It is hard to decide when we are only getting to hear them on youtube.

Thanks

Beginner March 2014
    123bridetobe ·
    • Hide content

Hi there,

How exciting, when are you getting married there? I have decided against a band, just 4 times the price of a DJ and so having a band for the party we have back home.

Have you decided where you will stay whilst you are there? Thats been my biggest struggle so far.

• B
    Beginner July 2014
    Borris14 ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married on the 1st of July next year. How about ye? I think we are going to stay in Hotel Neptune and give our guests names of other hotels/villas in the area so they have a cheaper option if they wish. We won't get over to Dubrovnik before hand maybe we are a bit mad not going over for a look! A DJ might be the best option alright the bands are quite expensive.

Beginner March 2014
    123bridetobe ·
    • Hide content

I went out in April and it is gorgeous, such a lovely setting for a wedding. Our wedding is 2 weeks before yours 20th June.

We've been a tried the food/wine/met the chef etc and all is fantastic

Can't wait now.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics