Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner June 2021 Merseyside

Due to Marry 1st June 2021 in Greece... Help!

Jennifer, 13 of April of 2021 at 13:26 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 5

Hi,

Are there any other brides due to get married abroad late May/early June. I want to ask if you are sticking with your date or moving due to the lack of guidance on travel from the government. We are due to fly 26th May, so at present it's still going ahead as it is after 17th May but my family is panicking and we don't know if Greece will be on the green list.

The wedding planners in Greece are planning on as if its going ahead. I only have about 5-6 weeks left and there's lots I need to do but I don't know whether to move it or not?

I wanted to see if there are any other brides taking the chance on the travel list or moving their weddings.

Your help and advice is greatly appreciated. Jen xx

5 replies

Latest activity by Karolina, 10 of May of 2021 at 18:09
  • Karolina
    Curious July 2021 North West London
    Karolina ·
    • Hide content
    Hi Jenifer,

I'm due to get married in Greece on the 5th July (postponed from 4th July 2020). We are going ahead and planning as normal. Our wedding planner is quite optimistic for the season as Greece will open up the borders to tourists from 14th May. I can't imagine how you feel, must be so stressful and there is not much guidance from the government. If you decide to go ahead make sure you have some plan B. Talk to your guests and ask them to check cancellation policy on their flights and accommodation (I assume everyone is already sorted with travel arrangements ) and see how they feel about Greece not being on green list (worst case scenario is amber which requires self isolation upon return to the UK). Also talk to your wedding planner as with only few weeks to go final payments are probably approaching? We are due to fly out on the 1st July and I think review on the traffic lights system is expected by the 28th of June. That makes things more interesting ?. At this point we are going ahead I'm expecting smaller wedding than originally planned due to the travel restrictions but I'm ok with that as I really don't want to postpone again (we have booked our date in May 2019). I'm also expecting that a lot of things will change last minute but hoping for the best. Most of travel restrictions are probably not going away until 2022 so realistically you have to decide if you rather postpone until next year or go ahead this year with restrictions in place and be prepared for unexpected changes ! Either isn't easy so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! Good luck and keep us posted
  • J
    Jennifer ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi, Thank you for getting back to my post. I spoke with the wedding planner and there are not a lot of dates left next year, 1 to be exact so we are going to stick with 1st June and keep everything crossed it all goes to plan. They have confirmed that if we have to cancel last minute due to COVID restrictions we wont be charged which is one weight off our shoulders.

I hope everything goes to plan for your wedding too in Greece, its such a beautiful place.

Jen x

• Tracey Ann
    Beginner July 2021 Hertfordshire
    Tracey Ann ·
    • Hide content
    Hi, we were due to get married in Tingaki Kos on June 22nd this year, previously cancelled from same date last year. We have just decided in the last week or two that it’s just not worth the hassle and stress due to all the restrictions I.e traffic light system, cost of tests. My partner can’t afford to quarantine when he gets back and neither can any of the guests. I know Greek islands could be in green but it could also change in the meantime or while we’re there. We would of both had our jabs by then but my daughter may have only just got her first one. The tests are so costly too.
    So we have booked to get married in I’m in a lovely hotel and an afternoon tea reception.
    I was so looking forward to our beach wedding but the wedding planner said she can do a blessing for us next year as we won the wedding in a competition. Hope everything works out for you. ??
  • J
    Jennifer ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi, thanks for the reply. Following Fridays announcement we can't now go to Greece. So we have decided to get married at home as a smallish wedding with just the guests who where coming to Greece.

Hope you have a lovely day, x

• Karolina
    Curious July 2021 North West London
    Karolina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Jenifer,

So sorry to hear that you are unable to proceed with your original plans! Must be stressful to now organise something on short notice. On the positive note at least you still get to celebrate with loved ones and that's what matters. Maybe Greece for honeymoon 😃 ?!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics