Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mal
Expert January 2018

dull - extendable curtain poles

Mal, 12 of November of 2008 at 23:34 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 5

Has anyone got these? Do they look odd when extended, or is the thinner part hidden by the curtain?

5 replies

Latest activity by Kirra, 1 of March of 2022 at 10:05
  • texasgirl26
    Beginner
    texasgirl26 ·
    • Hide content

I have just put them up (literally last night) in a new rented house - I think they look ok. I got them for the ease of putting them up and I don't think you can tell. It might be more visible the more you extend I suppose - but the windows I had were fairly thin.

TG

• K
    Beginner May 2007
    Kegsey ·
    • Hide content

We have an extendable pole on the landing. We put the thin bit into the corner and we have tab top curtains. Between the two, you don't see it. Might be different if you have rings to attached the curtain to the pole.

• Mal
    Expert January 2018
    Mal ·
    • Hide content

Thanks guys x

• Sunset21
    Beginner
    Sunset21 ·
    • Hide content

All ours are brushed metal extendable poles from Next, purely because they do some decent finials to go with them. The only moan I have with them is that if you've got ring top curtains or curtain rings they catch on the bit where the extension is, where there's a hump IYSWIM

• Mal
    Expert January 2018
    Mal ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

what I could do then is get nice chrome ones for the living room and dining room as I never usually close those curtains so then they won't catch. And I can get cheaper wooden ones for upstairs and cut them to the exact size.

?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics