Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Z
Beginner

Dusky Pink long bridesmaid dress

zebra_cake, 3 October, 2011 at 20:39 Posted on Planning 0 20

Can anyone help trying to find one please

originally i was after a prom length aqua one but changed my mine now lol

strapless , fitted around the bust , and long and flowy (chiffon) if that makes sense ideally around £50 or under

help would be apriciated as i only half 6 months and sooooo not organised

20 replies

Latest activity by *Mini*, 12 October, 2011 at 20:50
  • Emmielou2
    Beginner June 2012
    Emmielou2 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I am after exactly the same for my bridesmaid, and i too didn't really want to spend any more than about £60 as on a strict budget. Don't want to alarm you but i didn't have much luck with the dusky pink, i ended up ordering one from missguided but its not really dusky pink, its darker, its called the harriet maxi dress. Its absolutely gorgeous and me and my bridesmaid love the picture, but it hasn't arrived yet so i cannot comment on what it looks like in real life yet. It comes in the pink colour i have gone for and also what they call "blush" which looks more peachy/nude to me, have a look and see what you think.

• Recycledbride
    Beginner June 2012
    Recycledbride ·
    • Hide content

I'm wanting exactly the same thing...hoping new releases will be in the shops after Christmas. I've been quoted £225.00 per dress to have one made to measure which is way more than I am prepared to pay, so will keep an eye on this thread and post if I find anything.

I have fallen in love with these dresses but my BMs who are my daughters want a long dress...never done as they are told ..lol

[View:http://www.trafficpeople.co.uk/shop/products/Ice-Fairy-%252d-Entrapment-Dress.html:550:0]

• Z
    Beginner
    zebra_cake ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the replys

just looked at that dress emmielou2 , its lovely...let us know when you get it

the one i saw at a bridal show was more ruffled together in the skirt if your see what i mean.

• A
    Beginner June 2012
    adiesummer2012 ·
    • Hide content

Emmie Lou you are a star - that dress in the peachy colour is exactly what I'm after!! And only £38!

When are yours due to arrive? I want to buy them now in case they go but would be good to hear a review first!

• jubileebride
    Beginner June 2012
    jubileebride ·
    • Hide content

Hello

I Seen some in H&M have just checked the website but they are sold out but may be available in store.

http://www.hm.com/gb/product/82154?article=82154-A

• E
    Beginner January 2013
    EThompson ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I have what sounds like exactly what you have described. I was a bridesmaid last year and wore it for the day. I would be more than happy to sell it if it is of any use. It is a size 14/16 but has masses fo potential to be taken in or out as necessary as it is a strapless bodice and a-line skirt.

• Z
    Beginner
    zebra_cake ·
    • Hide content

Htanks for all your help Smiley smile

ive actually ordered the harriet maxi dress in berry , however i might see i can find that h&m one in a local store aswell.

cant believe how cheap they are because i had bought material and a pattern to makre the aqua one and that cost about £40 anyway

• Z
    Beginner
    zebra_cake ·
    • Hide content

Well dress arrived today (shouldnt be here till monday so im impressed)

but!!! berry is too dark Smiley sad it looks perfect on the picture on the siite but in really live its too deep . the other blush and beige look to light though Smiley sad

back to the drawing board again .........

• A
    Beginner June 2012
    adiesummer2012 ·
    • Hide content

Sorry to hear it's not what you wanted! I really love the dress though and am thinking of ordering the Blush one for my bridesmaids. Other than the colour, were the dresses ok, material nice, good quality etc? Thanks!!

• November11bride
    Beginner December 2011
    November11bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Do you think that perhaps the blush and beige may actually be darker than they look on screen, if the berry is much darker could it be they dont photograph the colour so well? Maybe the blush/beige may be more what you are after? Are you able to return for different colour?

• Hollie1984
    Beginner July 2012
    Hollie1984 ·
    • Hide content

Hi all

I have been searching for long dusky pink dresses for ages and have finally found some!

I originally ordered the H&M ones and the dresses were lovely, however the colour was very different to the picture - more of a mink colour (browny pink) and when i took photos of them they looked mauve! Not the right shade for me so i sent them back.

There are my dresses i now have, they are from the Birmingham Dress Lady who is on ebay but you can buy direct and also visit her shop if you wish. There are lots of threads on here about her - mixed reviews on quality but they were perfect for me and only £39!! x

• E
    Beginner March 2012
    Emsypooh ·
    • Hide content

Http://www.lookagain.co.uk/Oli-Waterfall-Maxi-Dress/productdisplay.stm?An=0&A=25H994%5F18&N=426+4294964397+686+692+673&Au=P%5FMasterItem&Nu=P%5FMasterItem&Ns=P%5FColour%7C0%7C%7CP%5FSize%7C0

• llindsey
    Beginner June 2012
    llindsey ·
    • Hide content

I have one of the H+M dresses, well I actually have 2, but will be wearing one to a ball next month. Bought them for bridesmaid dresses but they were too small, and sold out of the next size up.

They are both size 12 (although probs closer to a 10)

I think they were £35, so you are welcome to them for what I paid if you like

btw, Im not some random troll trying to con you, just look on here occasionally

• Z
    Beginner
    zebra_cake ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

i think they may be, ill get my mum to have a look later online with me. yea i can return for refund or exchange so thats not a problem. the quaility looks good IMO. they are quiet long though so will most likly need taking up but at least if your MOH is tall like mine you should be alright

• Z
    Beginner
    zebra_cake ·
    • Hide content

Thats the colour i was thinking of , but ive heard so many mixed reviews that its sort of put me off the Birmingham Dress Lady Smiley sad

• Emmielou2
    Beginner June 2012
    Emmielou2 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Girls

Update on the missguided dress - I have had no end of problems with them, they sent me the wrong dress, which i can understand, mistakes happen. But since then i have had a nightmare communicating with them about returning it and delivering the right one. I wouldn't have recommended them had i had known this would happen. But i have had an email today to say the correct dress has now been despatched. But don't think it will be the correct colour now reading this thread! :-(

• Z
    Beginner
    zebra_cake ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

o no sorry to hear youve had problems. i was actualy impressed with how quick they were , just not the right colour. i need to send mine back now though . you might like the colour, its nice but it doesnt go with my flowers that ive already bought(artificial)

• Emmielou2
    Beginner June 2012
    Emmielou2 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Girls

The dress eventually arrived, and although we love it, the colour is too dark, as was said on here previously. Did anyone order the blush one? If so, how was the colour?

• A
    Beginner June 2012
    adiesummer2012 ·
    • Hide content

Hi all,

Well, I ordered my dresses yesterday afternoon and they arrived this morning!! (Not due til Mon) so if nothing else, very impressed with efficiency.

I ordered the Blush and the colour is perfect for me, it's peach, slightly darker than it looks on the website. I'll try to flash when the girls try them on (saturday) but I don't know how...x

• Z
    Beginner
    zebra_cake ·
    • Hide content

I posted mine back this week Smiley sad sounds like the blush isnt the right tone we wanted Smiley sad

back to the drawing board

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

These were mine- I dont want to pi$$ on your strawberries but they were a nightmare to get in April time when I bought them so doubt there would be any in stores? perhaps call the head office and see what they have- they are also VERY small- my size 10 CBM had to get a size 14 and my poor normal size 14 BM had to diet to get into the 16 we got her.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics