Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner August 2013

Dusky Pink & Navy Blue Wedding Theme?

Future_Mrs_Mc, 17 of November of 2012 at 13:40 Posted on Planning 0 11

Good Afternoon All,

I'm new to this, have been engaged 2 years but this week we have finally set a date and found our venue. 31st August 2013 Smiley smile

I have head in my head since I was a little girl that I wanted a Pink and Orange wedding theme with sweets and candy everywhere.... but my lovely cousin/ maid of honour had a big birthday a few weeks ago and used this theme, I had no clue it was coming. Needless to say I was not impressed.

I had everything set out in my head for exactly how I would have had it for that wedding but now we are changing completly. I have my eye on Dusky Pink and Navy, as I think its lovely and I can put a nice vintage chic twist on this. Just wondering if anyone has had these colours and has any pics I could use for imspiration??

Thanks In Advance All!!

Future_Mrs_Mc

11 replies

Latest activity by LisBee, 19 of November of 2012 at 22:02
  • Tolli098
    Savvy June 2023 Hampshire
    Tolli098 ·
    • Hide content

Hey im having dusky pink and pewter. google it huni and just go to images as then u can make ur own mood boards in a word doc. google is the god of everything im my eyes hehe

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

• *RisqueM*
    Beginner August 2015
    *RisqueM* ·
    • Hide content

A quick google search brings up loads of images and inspiration

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=pink+and+navy+wedding&hl=en&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=5QGoULikBIrT0QWoiYDIAw&ved=0CB0QsAQ&biw=1366&bih=643

I think its a lovely colour scheme.

If you absolutely had your heart set on pink and orange and candy, why not still have it? A wedding is completely different to a birthday party and there's ages between the two events, if its what you really want?

HTH

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

Was there anything in particular that you're looking for inspiration for?

We shot a beautiful vintagey wedding over the summer with a Navy and dusky pink theme. Here are just a couple of shots:

Table plan, in bunting style within a vintage suitcase

Centerpieces. Birdcages filled with dusky pink flowers. Tables decorated with mini blue candles and table numbers/place settings had hints of Navy blue

Bridesmaid dresses in navy blue, with pink flowers

Brides afternoon shoes, navy blue polka dot

The groom and best men/ushers also had navy blue suits and the mothers of the bride also wore subtle navy blue outfits.

• F
    Beginner August 2013
    Future_Mrs_Mc ·
    • Hide content

Thanks guys Smiley smile

i'm set on changing my theme as she has taken alot of the little bits that we were having so it takes the originality out of our wedding.

i think the dusky pink and Navy theme is set. we are thinking a vintage candy cart, photo booth with props, lots of bird cages. however i havent a clue on Cake, favors, wedding stationary and the ceremony (church) - need a little insiration. also flowers, i have seen a bouquet somewhere with big ivory, light pink and dusky pink flowers, they wern't roses, but looked a bit like open squashed roses, thats the only way i can describe them. if anyone has any clue what im on about please help.

thanks Smiley smile

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

Do you mean Peonys?

• L
    Lemon Violet ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

This would be a lovely combination. It will look elegant. You could have navy dresses and pink flowers or to be different the other way around. You could have a mixture of the two in your bouquet. There is a lot of potential. Hope that helps

Lynne

• T
    Beginner May 2013
    tulleprincess ·
    • Hide content

I'm another dusky pink-er! But I'm with sage green Smiley smile

navy and pink is gorgeous! xxx

• F
    Beginner August 2013
    Future_Mrs_Mc ·
    • Hide content

Ahhh thanks guys, the more I look into it the more I am falling out of love with my old theme and in love with this one.

I am just looking into Peony flowers. Artificial of course due to the time of year. Has anyone had these as their wedding flowers? and how did you find them?? I'm worried about the size of them for mens buttonholes!

I'm really struggling with a cake, I really want traditional 3 teir and not a cupcake tower cake.... Stress Stress Stress!!

All this on top of Xmas with a toddler is driving me mad Smiley sad x

• L
    Beginner April 2013
    LisBee ·
    • Hide content

Hi that colour theme will be lovely! I am having navy bridesmaid dresses and flowers are cream and pale pink roses. I think the pink looks lovely with navy. ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics