Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Elixia
Beginner March 2014

dvla change of name confussion

Elixia, 3 of May of 2014 at 16:54 Posted on Planning 0 5

Oh dvla, how utterly confusing and confused you are. I applied online for a name change so could sent me out a D1 form. Its was addressed to the new surname which was funny, the letter enclosed saying 'thank you foe requesting the following packSmiley laugh1' and enclosed .... a D2. *le sigh*

I guess i should of been not so lazy and just walked to the post office to pick up THE RIGHT FORMS.

No point, just a touch frustrated.

5 replies

Latest activity by IGB2B, 4 of May of 2014 at 06:25
  • MrsCWB
    Beginner October 2014
    MrsCWB ·
    • Hide content

I personally hate the DVLA. I had to get a new driving licence at the end of last year because I had lost my old one, fair enough. BUT I couldn't update my photo and renew my licence as it wasn't due until May of this year. So, I go to renew my licence, another £20, and I can't change my name until later in the year. So that'll be another 20 quid. In 12 months, my licence will have cost me £60!!!!! It's ridiculous!

x

• Curlysuzie
    Beginner September 2014
    Curlysuzie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You don't have to pay to change your name :-)

I've got the same problem, mine expires the end of May and I get married in September so will have to send it off again! You could do the same as my SIL and not change your name on your driving licence - they have been married 18months! Her driving licence has a different surname to her car insurance.... Slightly illegal but she won't listen!

• MrsCWB
    Beginner October 2014
    MrsCWB ·
    • Hide content

I have to change it because I drive for work. But, if it's free, then I'm not quite as mad.

Just hope they send the right forms lol

x

• FHB
    Beginner March 2014
    FHB ·
    • Hide content

When you change your name it says you need a document to prove it...does that mean a photocopy of the marriage licence? Or does it have to be an original. And are you charged for an original copy?

• IGB2B
    Beginner May 2014
    IGB2B ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I believe you need to send them your original marriage certificate and the whole thing takes about three weeks. It's one of the reasons we ordered a spare marriage certificate (cheaper to order in advance).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics