Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

D
Beginner November 2021 Greater Manchester

Early 2021 Weddings & Invites dilemma?!

Dee31415, 18 of September of 2020 at 18:01 Posted on Planning 0 3
Hi all!

We’re due to get married in March 2021 - trying to stay as positive as possible and plodding along with booking and paying vendors etc but the only thing we’re really left with to do now is sort our invitations.
We sent our Save The Date’s out in February right after we booked our venue and pre-lockdown so people are aware of the date, time and venue but we’re now wondering if it’s worth sending proper invitations out yet or waiting until the end of the year maybe (then a bit scared it’ll be too late). Our other thought was to send them out with some sort of disclaimer, as if restrictions like the ones currently in place are still there by March we will have to cut our ceremony guest list in half.
Are there any other brides also due to get wed early next year who have had similar thoughts/can offer any advice?!

3 replies

Latest activity by Paige, 25 of September of 2020 at 23:31
  • SunnyPurpleCakes85894
    Beginner April 2022
    SunnyPurpleCakes85894 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I was supposed to get married in April so we had paid for litterally everything. We quickly rearranged for April 2021 but now I'm really starting to doubt that will happen in the same capacity etc or even what it will be like.

I think I sent out my invites around December for my April wedding.

I'd hold off with the invites and wait until around December when we know more on what's happening with things etc, I know I am going to hold off I think until Christmas.

• S
    Beginner April 2022
    SunnyPinkFlowers83597 ·
    • Hide content
    We're booked to marry and hold our sons naming ceremony on the same day in April. All family have been made aware of the date but I'm holding off on proper invitations yet as it's still unclear what the rules and restrictions will be. I don't want to dissapoint anyone.
  • Paige
    Beginner March 2021 Shropshire
    Paige ·
    • Hide content

I am also due to get married in March 2021 and I'm planning on sending out invites at the end of this year. It's quite normal to send invites 8 weeks before the wedding, especially if people have already received save the dates. We're thinking of sending a little note with our invites too to make people aware that they may not be able to attend if restrictions don't allow (and that we'll be celebrating again with everyone when we can). People should understand, they know they would have been there if it was possible!

I absolutely hate the uncertainty, we had already accepted that we were going to have a 30 person wedding, so we're really disappointed now we're limited to 15 people as we can only just about invite immediate family. Saying that, we are still very much planning to go ahead on the day (and quietly hoping numbers are increased) and throw a party later for everybody we wanted to have there when it's safe to do so.

Hope that helps!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics