Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner March 2013

Easter Sunday weddings!!

kellytheodore, 6 February, 2012 at 18:26 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi

I'm hoping to get married on Easter Sunday next year and I live in Berkshire. Just wondered if anybody knows if West Berks registrars will marry on Easter Sunday??

3 replies

Latest activity by HappyAnnie, 7 February, 2012 at 07:09
  • xxdonnaxx
    Beginner March 2013
    xxdonnaxx ·
    • Hide content

Hiya i dont know about your area but we were origanlly going with one venue who suggested easter sunday as it was the cheapest day to get married...we liked the idea as guests would then have easter monday bank holiday, we chose to go with the venue we have now and they charge the same price no matter what time of year or day of week so we decided to go with the saturday of easter weekend...lucky we did as when i rang the registrar (buckinghamshire) they dont work on easter fridays or easter sundays. i also found out the reason the first venue was cheaper is because the licensed registrar for the venue also doesnt work easter friday or easter sunday. aparently its to do with some law. it might only be my local registrar's. can you not ring them tomorrow just to check? your venue should be able to tell you!

• K
    Beginner March 2013
    kellytheodore ·
    • Hide content

Yeh I think it's different in each area. I will phone tomorrow, tried earlier but it was closed and desperate to know as our venue only has this bank holiday left Smiley sad

Thank you for shedding some light.

• N
    Beginner March 2013
    Nic_Nic ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

We're getting married on Easter Sunday next year, we picked this date because it falls Inthe off peak price bracket but being a bank holiday people won't have to go to work the net day. We haven't had any issues with registrar were getting married in Rutland.

• HappyAnnie
    Beginner April 2012
    HappyAnnie ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married on Easter Sunday this year- we got an amazing Easter package and have had no Problems with registrar in Chesterfield. Good luck x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics