Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Maddie
Beginner April 2025 Surrey

Easter Weekend Wedding

Maddie, 17 of April of 2023 at 20:37 Posted on Planning 0 11

We are looking to get married in April 2025 and are considering Easter Saturday which would be Saturday 19th April 2025. Our preferred venue aren't charging any more for it being a bank holiday, but would we have any issues with suppliers not wanting to work or charging more because it's a bank holiday weekend? If anyone has any experience of getting married over Easter Weekend, your insight would be much appreciated!

11 replies

Latest activity by Hannah, 26 of April of 2023 at 21:41
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I've no idea if your suppliers would charge extra, but another thing to consider is whether it might impact on your guests being able to come. Some sectors which get very busy over Easter may restrict employees being able to take annual leave then (I had to miss a cousin's Easter wedding a few years back because I couldn't take time off). Also, accommodation and flights are usually more expensive and accommodation can get booked up very early, so something to consider if you have guests travelling long distance or guests who might need to stay over.

• PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

I dont charge more for a bank holiday and I havent really heard about suppliers who do have such a policy. But I will say that bank Holidays are the most popular wedding dates and out of them all I would say that Easter is the most popular followed closely by August then the rest.

You should have no problems with suppliers not wanting to work on the Saturday.

• K
    Dedicated June 2023 Essex
    Kirsty ·
    • Hide content
    One thing I would note is that if you want a church wedding. Some churches won't do weddings Easter week. I initially wanted to get married on 13th April this year however my church doesn't do weddings over the whole Easter holidays. We chose a June date instead but just something to consider.
  • Maddie
    Maddie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! We hadn’t thought about the time off thing but we’ve since checked with people who have limiting jobs holiday wise and they’ve all said it would be fine as it’s so far in advance & our venue is a hotel who are giving us discounted rates for rooms so accommodation etc isn’t a worry too much.
  • Maddie
    Maddie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you, that’s really helpful! We are hopefully securing our venue in the next couple of weeks so I’ll be mindful of booking suppliers early as I didn’t realise it was such a popular weekend.
  • Maddie
    Maddie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We will be having a civil ceremony at the venue so don’t need to worry about the church, although we are checking with religious family members before we actually book anything just to make sure they’re comfortable/happy with the date!
  • Tanya
    Curious April 2023 Hampshire
    Tanya ·
    • Hide content
    We got married good Friday this year and had no issues. I wasn't charged anymore from suppliers for it being a bh apart from maybe local taxi companies as my venue had no accommodation. I gave my travelling guests 18 months notice so they had no issues booking accommodation and getting time off work and all my days guests we invited came

• Rachel
    Beginner March 2024 Essex
    Rachel ·
    • Hide content
    I am an Easter 2024 bride. As of yet, I have no experienced any additional chargers. Have booked photographer, makeup and hair so far.
  • S
    Beginner August 2023 New York
    Sousa ·
    • Hide content

You may encounter some suppliers who are not willing to work on Easter Saturday or may charge extra fees due to the holiday weekend. It's best to check mylifetouch with your preferred suppliers and ask if they have any special arrangements for Easter weekend. It would also be helpful to book your suppliers well in advance to ensure availability.

• A
    Dedicated March 2024 Essex
    Alison ·
    • Hide content
    I’m getting married Good Friday 2024. I am paying slightly more for the registrar because it’s a BH but no one else has charged anymore. The Saturday isn’t a bank holiday so you should be fine in that regard!
  • Hannah
    Beginner March 2024 Hampshire
    Hannah ·
    • Hide content
    I’m getting married in Easter Sunday next year and haven’t experienced any more in price increases, family can make a weekend of celebrating and travelling to Venue

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics