Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Panjita
Beginner May 2011

eBay - Counterfeit Karen Millen

Panjita, 14 March, 2011 at 16:56 Posted on Planning 0 16

I have just bought another bridesmaid dress from eBay but when it's arrived, it's a very clever fake (but obvious to me it's a fake as I have the real thing to compare it to). I've reported it to eBay but not heard anything back... anyone else come across anything like this and how long did it take to resolve. Did you get your money back? I paid £78 for the dress. long story short, one of the girls can't do up her dress so need a bigger size. The dress is discontinued so eBay is my only option at the moment.

16 replies

Latest activity by Panjita, 23 March, 2011 at 12:47
  • BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

Did you use paypal to pay for it? If so, once you've contacted the seller to let them know you know it's fake, see if they will refund you - If not, start a claim through paypal. You will win and get your money back.

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

You're not allowed to sell counterfeit goods on eBay at all though so regardless of the wording, she should get her money back.

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

I've managed to get in touch with the seller and she was sold the item as genuine Karen Millen and she then sold it as genuine so has asked me to return it and she will refund.

Thanks for all your help ladies... I'm just still in the position where I have a bridesmaid with no dress though!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

Which dress is it and what size... some lovely hitcher may spot one on their travels!

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

It's this one in a size 12. I'm running out of time so thinking I might just see if anyone can do a decent job of altering the size 10 for her instead. There's a site called karenmillendresses.com but I have checked with KM Head office and they are nothing to do with them (i.e. counterfeit)

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

It's RefSmiley laughH024. I've spoken to KM and they say they have no more stock. If you see it in a 12 could you let me know?! xx

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I know it's a long shot, and I know HO say they don't have any in, but might be worth giving this place (an outlet centre) a try:

https://www.bicestervillage.com/en/brand-directory/brands/karen-millen?q=karen millen

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

Still not had my refund. GETTING SO PEED OFF NOW!!!!!!!

• Doona151
    Beginner April 2011
    Doona151 ·
    • Hide content

Did you read the return policy beforehand?

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Return policy is void if you are sold a counterfeit item as it's illegal.

Either way, she accepted the item back but because a case had been opened Paypal froze the account and wouldn't give her the option to refund which is just absolutely ridiculous!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics