Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner May 2014

eBay wedding dresses

Jes22, 3 April, 2013 at 22:45 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hi everyone, have any of you bought your dresses off eBay? I was going to buy the ronald Joyce Paola but I am trying to cut costs, I can have the dress made for half the price but I have seen some gorgeous dresses on eBay for about £100, I'm just worried about the material because I wanted a heavy corded lace obviously there not gonna be as good but I don't want something that is cheap and flimsy. Has anybody bought a dress off eBay, recommend a seller and even better have pictures?

Thanks in advance

Jes

8 replies

Latest activity by Shirelley, 4 April, 2013 at 14:25
  • A
    Beginner April 2013
    aimzxx ·
    • Hide content

Hello,

I didnt buy mine off Ebay but I did buy it off another bride off the selling forum here and got it for a bargain!

x

• Katianne
    Beginner February 2014
    Katianne ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree! Have a look on the forum, preloved, gum tree, still white etc - you can search the dress and still if you have one in mind in particular?

I would buy a dress from eBay, but would want to try the dress on at a bridal shop first to make sure its the one I wanted. One you know that and as long as you don't mind it being second hand (dry cleaned) you can get a real bargain. I've seen some dresses for sale that are brand new too - sometime things happen and the bride doesn't end up wearing the dress e.g. pregnancy.

Good luck!

• M
    Beginner September 2013
    maria258 ·
    • Hide content

Mines on ebay as me and my fiance broke up so if anyone is interested its a real bargain for the original dress - i have the receipts as a proof.

i had bought a dress from ebay for around £100 but the material was very cheap and then had ordered the original.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121086154479?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

• Katianne
    Beginner February 2014
    Katianne ·
    • Hide content

Another option is the Wedding Dress Factory Outlet in Leicestershire / London...

Wedding Dress Factory Outlet

• PinkLady3
    Beginner September 2014
    PinkLady3 ·
    • Hide content

A friend of mine bought her wedding dress off eBay. I can get the name of the seller for you if you want x

• FlickAndZeb
    Beginner September 2013
    FlickAndZeb ·
    • Hide content

I have bought my dress from ebay, yet to comment as I'm still waiting for it to arrive. It's being custom made for me. Scary as I've never tried a wedding dress on before so buying blind! The only experience I have is wearing huge gothic dresses a few years back, miss those times!
    If it's a replica the quality may not be what you imagine but if it's 2nd hand then go for it Smiley smile xXx

• S
    Beginner September 2014
    Shirelley ·
    • Hide content

Hey, I bought mine on eBay from China. I love it, its so well made, cost £100, and my aunt who was a seamstress says the material alone covers that!

Its not v flattering in these pics as Im 5months preg and dont have an underskirt lol! But i honestly adore it!

• snow bride
    Beginner June 2016
    snow bride ·
    • Hide content

Hi shirlley, do you have the name of the seller? It's gorgeous Smiley smile

• S
    Beginner September 2014
    Shirelley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

maikehao9988 Smiley laugh xxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇