Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

kimiu
Beginner June 2015

ebay wedding invitations

kimiu, 2 of September of 2014 at 14:35 Posted on Planning 0 14

We had originally chosen some lovely invitations from debenhams, but at almost £4 each, I had a reality check and realised I could use that money better elsewhere!

We then ordered a sample from another site - there is nothing wrong with it, and it works out much cheaper at £1.20 ish each but isn't WOW in any way.

Which then lead me to think if I am not overly fussed about the Wow factor, and just want to get decent invites out without too much additional cost, surely ebay would be my friend. I have found 100 mixed daytime/evening invites including RSVPs for under £70, so 70p each, a big saving, and from the pictures they would seem to do the job.

there are dozens of sellers, though, all selling the same thing - I assume they all buy in the same original template! I am not expecting amazing quality of card etc, and rather than order yet another sample, I just want to get on and order the darn things, so I am thinking of taking that chance.

Feedback doesn't give a great deal of info, although with 99.9% positive in most cases, I am sure everything is as expected.

So, my question to you, dear ladies of hitched is did you buy your invites from ebay, if so were you pleased with them, and if you have any amazing sellers you can highlight, then please do!

I need 40 daytime, 60 evening, plus RSVPs if poss. I am happy to stick on ribbons and fold card myself, but don't really have the dedication to make my own from scratch (and know they will cost more in the long run anyway!).

All help, gratefully received!!

14 replies

Latest activity by kimiu, 4 of September of 2014 at 12:26
  • pinkypoo85
    Beginner August 2016
    pinkypoo85 ·
    • Hide content

Hi kimiu

Not the same thing but I ordered engagment party cards off ebay, they were lovely but some of them had not printed straight which really upset me! I would just make sure you check them all or order a few extra so if some are not straight you have the spares!

The seller was lovely and had good feedback. Hopefully it was just a one off and I was unlucky! ?

xxx

• kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content

Ordering a few extra is a good idea - thank you. At those prices, it would still be a saving!

Our way of thinking is that, whilst wanting to have nice bits and pieces, what would our guests prefer......stunning invites or extra wine on the tables

• pinkypoo85
    Beginner August 2016
    pinkypoo85 ·
    • Hide content

No problem! ?

I agree with you I think most people would rather nicer things on the day than a £4 invite which they would not realise cost that much!

• JellyBellyBride
    Beginner December 2014
    JellyBellyBride ·
    • Hide content

We got our invitations on Ebay and I was really pleased with them. I wasn't too fussy about our invitations as I'd rather put the money saved behind the bar at the reception!! We got 100 invites and evelopes for £48.00. We also got to fiddle about with the text and the font and must have changed my mind about 4 times before we decided on the final proof to be printed - they were very patient and once we gave the go ahead to print, we had them in a couple of days.

The ebay supplier we used was 'kaysweddings'

• kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content

Thank you! Kaysweddings is one of the suppliers I have shortlisted, so that bodes well!!

• JellyBellyBride
    Beginner December 2014
    JellyBellyBride ·
    • Hide content

I would definitely recommend them, I'll probably get our thank you cards from them as well.

• kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content

Could you mix and match day and evening invites or do you need to have two separate orders, do you recall? I have sent a query through but yet to get an answer!

I like the fact they do matching table plans too......all looking good so far!!

• JellyBellyBride
    Beginner December 2014
    JellyBellyBride ·
    • Hide content

I only did one set as all our guests are being invited to both the day and evening so I don't know unfortunately. I'd hazard a guess that you'd have to do 2 separate orders but I'd wait until you get an answer from them if I were you.

We looked at the table plan as well but then the hotel said they would do one for us so didn't bother with that either!

• kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content

Thank you, I shall await further info from them, but from what you say they are worth a shot!

Another thing closer to being marked off the list!!

• Shamy
    Beginner September 2014
    Shamy ·
    • Hide content

I used tinkernco; they were absolutely amazing and so helpful. I went on to get my other stationery from them too. They do fully printed invitations though so they might not be exactly what you're looking for.

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

I bought our save the dates off ebay. We were pleased with them! We were going to get our invites on there too. But we wanted the WOW factor for our invites & couldn't find them on ebay.

• Lorns
    Rockstar May 2015
    Lorns ·
    • Hide content

I am in the process of proof reading my invites from thevowweddingboutique on ebay. They're not the cheapest BUT I arranged for her to strip back the lace and twine on the ones I have ordered (making them considerably cheaper), and I will add that in myself and it should work out cheaper than paying full price for them fully decorated.

I also used brideandbeyonddesigns on ebay for my save the date cards, they were very reasonable and absolutely beautiful! I personalised by adding a very small pink 'pearl' type stick on gem to the card and it really set them off without looking tacky.

• kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all your input, guys!

I spent a bit of time early this morning playing with Vistaprint, and have done a draft I am happy with.....I'm just waiting for H2B's opinion and if he agrees, then I will get them from there.

Otherwise, its back to ebay again!

• InWineTheresTruth
    Beginner July 2015
    InWineTheresTruth ·
    • Hide content

My invitations are from eBay ... I love them ... company is called Tinker n Co xx

• kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content

Right, I decided to go with Vistaprint in the end - managed to get a design and wording that we were more than happy with, and the cost is incredibly reasonable. I've ordered a few extras just in case, and it works out at about a quarter of the cost of our "original" invites......which means £300 towards the bar bill, or honeymoon spending money!!

When looking for the invites on ebay, though, I stumbled across a few other bits that suddenly became a "must have"....that place is LETHAL!!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics