Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner September 2022 North Yorkshire

Eco-friendly themed

Hayley, 19 of February of 2021 at 08:57 Posted on Usage Tips 0 16
We are thinking of going with an eco-friendly/sustainable theme and I wondered if anyone else was doing the same and could point me in the direction of some suppliers or give me some advice on where to start looking? Any help much appreciated!

16 replies

Latest activity by AmberP, 20 of April of 2021 at 10:19
  • Kirsty
    Curious July 2022 Gloucestershire
    Kirsty ·
    • Hide content
    Love this idea ? you could start with e-vites/save the dates like paperlesspost to help with paper use. I’m collecting corks from fizz bottles to use as place setting holders too, just asking friends and family to put them aside. So small-scale but little helps. Otherwise, loads of lovely local businesses on Etsy!

Good luck ?
  • H
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you ☺️ Good idea asking friends and family to save little bits and pieces, I’ll get thinking about everyday objects that can be upcycled or re-purposed!
  • S
    Savvy January 2023 East London
    Stephanie ·
    • Hide content

Second hand vintage wedding dresses, bridesmaid dresses is the number one! It's one day where something beautiful that has a story!

For bridesmaids dresses then give them one colour that they have to adhere to and challenge them to go to charity chops (hahahaha whenever they open!), vintage shops and trawl the internet of sites like Etsy and Depop to find some that suits them and saves the planet. For wedding dresses Bride2bride is a good option, its also worth keeping in mind is you can buy second hand the almost their dress and then get it altered to just right for you , or stand out more!

• H
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    A fab idea, thanks! My only issue is that I do want quite a specific style of wedding dress but I’ve got about 18 months so I will have to keep an eye out!
  • B
    Beginner April 2023 North Yorkshire
    Bethany ·
    • Hide content
    Hi! Look at Recycle My Wedding they have some great suppliers
  • H
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Brill, I will check them out, thank you!
  • Fab
    Curious September 2021 Surrey
    Fab ·
    • Hide content
    Etsy is the best for eco friendly favours, I started collecting bottles for the flower arrangements and looking at cute placeholder ideas as well so I am all ears!
  • HappyPinkHair15172
    Dedicated September 2022 Merseyside
    HappyPinkHair15172 ·
    • Hide content

Charity shops are a gold mine! I got all my candle holders etc from them. Bought a lot of second hand stuff from sell my wedding, and have made/thrifted other bits and bobs.

We're having plastic-free, and not doing much in the way of paper menus. labels etc.

Our favours are doubling up as name places - cuttings of my parent's wedding rose bush in mini terracotta pots. My parents have both passed away so it will be a way to include them on the day, particularly as the family will all remember this rose bush which grew around their front door.

• H
    Dedicated May 2022
    HappyGoldBridesmaid18836 ·
    • Hide content
    What lovely ideas! We’re trying to be as eco friendly with our wedding too. We’ve collected lots of empty wine bottles and will be decorating them and we’ve found our table decorations in charity shops. We’re also making knitted hearts for place names and they’re doubling up as the favours.
  • H
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ah what a great idea! ❤️ Thank you for the suggestions!
  • H
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love charity shops, I can’t wait to get looking around them again! That’s a lovely idea ?
  • H
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Great tip, thanks!
  • Fab
    Curious September 2021 Surrey
    Fab ·
    • Hide content
    Love the idea of doubling name places and favours, also big fan of saving up on paper! I may steal of of these too! Ps. Pinterest is a goldmine of inspiration
  • Kay
    Curious June 2021 Bristol
    Kay ·
    • Hide content

We're trying to be as zero waste as possible too for ours - we did Paperless Post for our invitations.

Wilde Bunch Florists in Bristol reuse your flowers from your ceremony for your reception, AND they let you borrow props i.e. vases/jars, wooden boards, baskets, ladders etc and they pick them up the next day to reuse again - they have a massive warehouse full of fun things!

I'm not sure where you're getting married, but I'm sure if you couldn't use them there may be others who do something similar.

• S
    Staffordshire
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content

Sorry to gate crash this post, but I'm after some help regarding eco friendly flower petals and was wondering f there is anyone who would be happy to help me??

I'm an administration student at college and I've been given a task to complete a project plan. The project involves diversifying a farm and one option is to grow flowers for real petal confetti, I don't really know anyone who is getting married, and at the moment due to Covid-19 I cannot visit any wedding fairs to give any questionnaires out, so my question is, If I'm allowed and able to, would anyone be able to help me by answering a survey? It is a very short survey of 7 questions about what people think about real petal confetti, just so I can use the answers in the research part of my project! (I have done the same recently on a horse forum for my horse stable research, and found this is the best way for me get my research evidence) Due to data protection regulations, no names or aliases within this thread will be used in my task, and the answers will be submitted anonymously, just the answers will be tallied to perform percentages.

Thank you in advance, here is the link for the survey:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeAMb1iz-gbQF1cq92NVN0PRaFvsr3TsNolV7IIHZ7fI6pIbA/viewform?usp=sf_link

• A
    Curious April 2021 Illinois
    AmberP ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I know what you mean, we were thinking the same thing. In the beginning, we turned down the invitations, I did them online, it turned out very cool too. Friends know about our wishes, and so do guests. We only agreed on useful gifts, no plastic ornaments, only natural ones. It will be very beautiful.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics