Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Polkadots_and_Pincurls
Beginner June 2015

Edible centrepieces?

Polkadots_and_Pincurls, 10 April, 2013 at 20:21 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hey all, I'm having a 50s americana themed wedding, and can't seem to find any centrepieces I like. I've scoured google and can't find anything that fits the retro look without them being tacky, although maybe ive not looked hard enough. Someone suggested I have savoury edible centrepieces, like a cheeseboard and basket of bread or crackers on each table, but I don't know if that's just adding unnecessary pressure on myself. What do you think? I wouldn't want sweet centrepieces as my sil is already making us a 1 tier cake and cupcakes, and I'm having a milkshake and cookies bar later in the evening.

8 replies

Latest activity by Teal, 11 April, 2013 at 08:27
  • pumpkin_pie
    Beginner May 2013
    pumpkin_pie ·
    • Hide content

What about these?

• FlickAndZeb
    Beginner September 2013
    FlickAndZeb ·
    • Hide content

I like the idea above with the popcorn! You could have all different flavours in smallish bags so there would be say 5 per table. That would be pretty cheap Smiley smile I used to work in a cinema (cineworld) and it's possible if you go into a large chain one and talk to the manager that they could do you some real cinema sweet & salt/butter popcarn in massive bags for a bargin price!! ?

• Polkadots_and_Pincurls
    Beginner June 2015
    Polkadots_and_Pincurls ·
    • Hide content

I do like the way the popcorn looks, the only thing that worried me is if you leave it out in the air for too long, it goes all cardboard-y :/ The coke bottles with the flowers in were my original plan- I was thinking an old record with Pillar candles and a coke bottle with a straw, a flower and the table no in it, but Im just thinking now thatl look a bit rubbish Smiley sad doubting my skills, lol.

• Polkadots_and_Pincurls
    Beginner June 2015
    Polkadots_and_Pincurls ·
    • Hide content

Oh another reason I think edible centrepieces would be a good idea, we're not having a sit down meal so it would be a good idea to have something to nibble on at speech time.

• FlickAndZeb
    Beginner September 2013
    FlickAndZeb ·
    • Hide content

That is very true, but small bags and lots of top ups combined with hungry guests does mean that the likelyhood of it going so squeaky it's uneatable is slim? What about using teeny bags and having the popcorn as place cards with the guests names written on the bags so you can still use your other ideas too? I think your ides are clever! Give them a go!

• Polkadots_and_Pincurls
    Beginner June 2015
    Polkadots_and_Pincurls ·
    • Hide content

Hmm, now there's an idea... i was going to get the popcorn boxes, but bags would keep it fresher... thanks Smiley smile I love the term 'squeaky' for stale popcorn, lol!

I dunno, Im just not feeling my own centrepiece ideas. I'm quite creative usually, but I've hit a brick wall with centrepieces Smiley sad

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content

I love the coke bottles, think they look fab!

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

What about this with a few dips? \Could always stick a flag out of the top or add red/white/blue ribbons?

Or 3 tiered cake stands (like pic) but with mini-hot dogs, sausage rolls, peanut butter & jam (jelly) sandwishes?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics