Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner April 2011

Edible favours- how soon is too soon to fill the boxes?

nat2683, 28 February, 2011 at 17:02 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi

I'm going to be having sugared almonds in boxes as my wedding favours.

I get married on Sat 9th April.

I don't want to be faffing around too close to the day, but if anyone has done this before how far in advance did you make them as I dont want them to go soft and nasty (not even sure if sugared almonds do go soft!)

I was thinking of making them on Sat 19th March with BMs, or do people think it's too soon?

The boxes are made of card (ebay's finest) wrapped with a ribbon.

5 replies

Latest activity by nat2683, 28 February, 2011 at 18:34
  • Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

I'm not getting married until 18th June and I've already started filling my favour jars (although there are over 200 of the buggers LOL!). I'm pretty sure you'll be alright with sugared almonds, just keep the boxes in a nice dry place.

• FutureMrsRon
    Beginner February 2012
    FutureMrsRon ·
    • Hide content

I think they last for about 10 years!!!! I've never known one to go off or anything, so I'm sure 2-3 weeks will be fine. just check the best before date on the box

• S
    Beginner January 2009
    sammy_wheeler ·
    • Hide content

I was thinking about this over the weekend- i am having favour boxes with choccy in- i need to build all the boxes up and really want to do it now and get them filled and put the ribbon on.

but not sure how to store it all?-- are people just putting them in a box to take to venue?

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes... my favour jars came in boxes, so I'm just taking them out, filling them up and putting them back in again. We will drive the boxes full of jars down to the venue the day before the wedding and leave them there. I'm hoping our caterers will put them out for me, one for each place setting. (My caterers are also providing tables, chairs, crockery etc.)

• TheCakeNinja
    TheCakeNinja ·
    • Hide content

Sugared almonds have a very long shelf life, we have some here that have a date of end 2012 ?

You will be fine to fill them.

HTH

• N
    Beginner April 2011
    nat2683 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all the help!

I was just a bit worried that they would keep in good condition in their packaging, but as soon as they get exposed to air (in the favour box) go all nasty, but I guess a nut covered in sugar is made out of sterner stuff!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics