Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mrs.K2b
Beginner August 2015

EEEEKKK! so Excited - dress shopping tomorrow! **UPDATE!!!**

Mrs.K2b, 3 of July of 2014 at 22:04 Posted on Planning 0 15

Pointless post really, but tomorrow will be my first time trying on wedding dresses!

I can't tell you how excited I am; other than the day I actually get married, this is a day I have dreamt about since I was a child!

Im not expecting to decide on 'the one' tomorrow, I have fallen for a certain Mori Lee dress and will need to arrange to go to Nottingham to see that, but I am going into Barnsley with my Mum tomorrow to two shops which do Maggie Sottero, Benjamin Roberts, Sophia Tolli and a few others.

I have always had an image in my mind of the exact dress I would wear, but over the last week or so I have started to maybe imagine myself in something else; so trying to go into tomorrow with an open mind!

Self indulgent post really, but I'll let you know how I get on :-)

15 replies

Latest activity by Mrsmooretobe, 4 of July of 2014 at 23:07
  • M
    Beginner July 2015
    MrsB2015 ·
    • Hide content

I bought the 1st dress I tried on and it was a sophia tolli one. Hope u have a fab time and u never know u might find the one xx

• S
    Beginner August 2015
    SunnyBrownDiamonds138 ·
    • Hide content

I share your excitment as I have my first appointment on Saturday!!quite nervous!! Goodluck

I love Mori Lee too!!

• E
    Beginner April 2015
    ExpensivePurpleDiamonds85 ·
    • Hide content

Not self indulgent at all! ENJOY!! It's great fun and you will soon find out what suits you. Let us know which ones you liked later on tomorrow! I found none of the dresses looked anything like the photos on - some looked worse but some looked better!! xx

• MrsJ2Be2016
    Beginner April 2017
    MrsJ2Be2016 ·
    • Hide content

Oooooo! I know how you feel, going on my first dress finding expedition with my sister on Saturday and am unbelievably excited! Smiley smile

I've been set on a particular dress for about a year now as well but having a browse earlier I've been drawn to loads of other styles too so not sure what's going to take my fancy. Actually hoping that I don't find 'the one' as I don't know if I could cope with having to have it in my wardrobe for so long without being allowed to wear it haha! Smiley smile

Good luck, hope you find something amazing! Smiley smile

• Mrs.K2b
    Beginner August 2015
    Mrs.K2b ·
    • Hide content

Thanks! Good luck to my fellow first-timers this weekend!

I'm confident that I've seen enough posts on here from fellow hitchers to know that its highly likely that I will end up with the total opposite to what I went in to try on! Just hoping I don't end tomorrow feeling more confused!

Not sure that I will be able to post anything about what I finally choose - Mr K has been know to be an occasional lurker so don't want to risk him seeing something he shouldn't!

• jayannfernandez
    jayannfernandez ·
    • Hide content

Good Luck! So happy for you! Post pictures Smiley smile

• Pipsybus
    Beginner June 2015
    Pipsybus ·
    • Hide content

I'm sooooo jealous!!! I'm desperate to go looking but have promised my best friend (MOH) that we'll go together. Problem is she lives in edinburgh and I'm in kent so I have to wait till 8th august when she visits.

Please take lots of pics and come back tomorrow with a full report so I can live vicariously through you!!

Have heaps of fun! x

• Mrs.K2b
    Beginner August 2015
    Mrs.K2b ·
    • Hide content

So that didn't quite go as planned!

as expected, everything I thought I wanted - I hated! Tried on about 8 or 9 dresses in the first shop, mostly Maggie Sottero dresses along the same sort of theme, and although they were ok, they were so heavy and I just couldn't imagine spending a whole day in them. There was 1 Maggie and 1 Benjamin Roberts dress that were nice and of a similar style to each other, which was a lot different to what I always imagined I would have!

Mum and I were there for about an hour and a half, and went and had lunch before going to the second shop. I wasn't expecting too much for the afternoon session; it was a much smaller boutique with only a very small collection of dresses (the first shop had hundreds!)

I picked out 4 dresses to try on, the first couple were nice, weddingy dresses, but just didn't have the wow factor. Then we came to dress number 3. Oh. My. Word. The complete opposite of what I thought I'd have, but it was just stunning! Tried it with a belt on, then the veil as well - I was a bride!

i then get told that this dress is a one off. It was originally made to be a sample dress, then the exact fabric could no longer be sourced. It's the only dress in the world like it, and will ever be the only one! Then I notice the price tag - £595!!!! Holy mama!!

Now, my best friend (MOH) was supposed to be coming with me today, but failed to realise until Monday this week that she was travelling down to London today to go to another wedding this weekend! She was gutted she wasn't able to come (as was I, but I'd booked the time off work to go today and couldn't rearrange!) so went on the promise that I'd not choose anything! Spent 45mins stood in the dress umm-ing and ahh-ing about whether or not to buy it! I bought it :-)

sorry its so long winded - but I am now a one of a kind, unique Wendy Makin Belladonna bride! No photos I'm afraid, you'll just have to trust me on this one! :-)

• miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content

How exciting ?

Can't wait to see some pictures when you get some!

• jen-lou
    Super July 2016
    jen-lou ·
    • Hide content

Yay, great news. It's funny the amount of people that say the dress they went for was nothing like they thought they wanted, me included.

• Mrs.K2b
    Beginner August 2015
    Mrs.K2b ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know! I think I've read something to that effect on every thread on here relating to having found 'the one', but it really is true, and up until having tried dresses on I kinda resented the thought that I might hate what I thought I wanted! funny how things work out though....

Oh and photos will have to wait until after the wedding - as I mentioned in the OP, Mr K has been known to be a lurker on here so can't risk it!

• pink & glitz
    Beginner August 2014
    pink & glitz ·
    • Hide content

Hi, what mori lee do you like? I have got a mori lee x

• S
    Beginner August 2015
    SunnyBrownDiamonds138 ·
    • Hide content

Thats amazing! Good find. Im so excited snd nervous to begin my quest tomorrow!!!

• S
    Beginner September 2014
    Sarah_88 ·
    • Hide content

That's great news! (would love to see a picture of the dress closer to the day!)

And I know what you mean, the dress I have is not at all like the dress I thought I would fall in love with!

• S
    Beginner September 2014
    Sarah_88 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

good luck for tomorrow Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner May 2015
    Mrsmooretobe ·
    • Hide content

Excellent news! Looking forward to seeing it closer to the time!xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇