Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

P
Beginner April 2011

Elbow - One Day Like This..........

Pollyjean35, 16 of March of 2011 at 15:03 Posted on Planning 0 11

Is anyone including this in their wedding music.

Im really struggling to decide on entrance music and im now pondering over this but not sure whether to have the orginal or the instrumental version which i found on You Tube!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MehCjTVsZ1A

11 replies

Latest activity by Maggie, 11 of August of 2022 at 22:04
  • kirstycat
    Beginner April 2011
    kirstycat ·
    • Hide content

I'm having the instrumental version as my entrance music (it's also available through iTunes). I really love the song but thought that, with the instrumental version, we don't have to worry about when the music stops - as it would sound a bit weird if he was mid-sentence!

I think the instrumental version is lovely - and actually sounds very classical. I don't think a lot of people will actually realise what it is.

• Sandysounds
    Sandysounds ·
    • Hide content

Thats spooky...I just heard it on the radio 5 mins ago. Its a phenominal peace of music, both original and instrumental.

• P
    Beginner April 2011
    Pollyjean35 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh cool I will have a look on Itunes as im not sure if it might be different from the one I found on Youtube. How far into the song are you walking in?

• Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content

It is on my wedding play list but i have a pianist/accordiam player for the ceremony

• I
    Beginner
    insomniac03 ·
    • Hide content

We're having it for when we sign the register as its quite long and it takes a while to 'kick in'. We looked at it for the walking in music but we didn't want to walk in until the big chorus, and were worried that you wouldn't be able to hear it through the door! We've gone for Muse, Feeling Good instead

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ditto, and finishes on a lovely uplifting, sunshine-pouring-into-the-room, feeling...

• P
    Beginner April 2011
    Pollyjean35 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That was my original idea but im really struggling with ideas for entrance music so was going to swap things about! I originally wanted Nina Simone - Felling Good but wasnt sure how it would work! My Bridesmaid was going to walk in when the beat/music kicked in but I felt like she was stealing my thunder!! What part are you walking in too? ?

• I
    Beginner
    insomniac03 ·
    • Hide content

Oh I'll be alking in when the beat kicks in... I want all the glory lol! I am also planning to send in my two BMs first though so maybe need to have a little listen with a timer and make sure that works. If not they'll have to follow me in x

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

I love it I think Instrumental.

• P
    Beginner April 2011
    Pollyjean35 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Your quite right!! I really want to walk in on the beat but I do want my bridesmaids to go first so thats the reason I ended up changing my mind about the song. I still really want it though!!! ☹️

• bec84
    Beginner
    bec84 ·
    • Hide content

I love it, we had it at our wedding.

Its nice for when you sign the register, or the instrumental I'd say x

• M
    Beginner September 2022 West Yorkshire
    Maggie ·
    • Hide content
    Hi, we re having this as our 1st dance song, a rumba says our dance tutor, lessons going well, I remember when I 1st heard it on the car radio,I had to pull over and listen to it. It’s still feels special to me and gives my goosebumps, I need a shorten version, about 2 mins and 36 seconds, if I can’t find one the hotels music director can copy and cut hopefully, wish you lots of luck and best wishes x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics