Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner June 2013

eleven year old son giving me away

Jacky73, 28 of May of 2013 at 22:09 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi all My eleven year old son is giving me away at my wedding in June. Does anyone have any ideas on what to get him as a gift to say a big thank you. He's at that difficult kind of age.... wanting to be a grown up but still wanting to be my little boy too. Any ideas please...... Thanks so much Jacky Xx

6 replies

Latest activity by Jacky73, 30 of May of 2013 at 10:14
  • *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Hmm at that age I am guessing he will not appreciate anything sentimental?

In which case I would probably opt for something he would like such as a computer game etc

• R
    Beginner June 2014
    redsunflower25 ·
    • Hide content

I don't have kids and could be completely off the mark (in which case you may shh me!) but would you be able to 'get him a day out'... if he likes football/rugby or something like legoland? That way he will have a day to remember too along with the wedding, sorry if its a silly idea ?

• Sandysounds
    Sandysounds ·
    • Hide content

It depends what he's into. My daughter bought her little bro, who had a major role to play, a mens necklace. He was absolutely thrilled and still hasn't taken it off. As he was treated as a grown up on the day, I think it was more appropriate for him to receive a grown up present..... and he was well chuffed.

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

It's super-traditional but I think cufflinks on young'uns is cute, and he can keep them forever, wear them when he goes for job interviews when he's all growed-up etc.

• V
    Beginner August 2013
    Victoria030384 ·
    • Hide content

My OH's son is being a mini-best man for him and we are getting him a nice watch. He is also 11 and we thought a nice gift he could keep which would also be useful would be nice so we are planning to get something he can get made bigger/smaller so can wear now and also keep to wear on special occasions. It's a hard age but I do agree that as they are doing a 'grown-up' job its nice for them to have a 'grown-up' present too!

• 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content

Why not buy him 2 gifts, one as a keepsake that he will most likely appreciate when he is older and something that he appreciate now ?

I think the idea of a surprise day out , maybe a visit to his fav football ground or I've seen driving lessons for kids aged 11-17 if that would interest him ??

• J
    Beginner June 2013
    Jacky73 ·
    • Hide content

Hi again

Thank you all for the ideas! All really helpful and have certainly got me thinking. I like the idea of getting two, one as a keepsake and one he can use and abuse if he wants to! Maybe a game for his XBox or a one of those day experience things... anyway once again thanks and good luck with all your special days.... not long now!!!

Jacky xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics