Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner December 2015

Elopement Help

Enasy, 1 of August of 2013 at 22:51 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi guys

hubby to be and I would like to elope. Going away somewhere just us two. We have a date that is special to us both January 25th 2014 but we are struggling to think of where to go. We wanted to go to Florida and get married on the beach but its very expensive and the weather isn't its best there in January. I don't want to go to Gretna Green and I'm not a fan of Vegas. Low budget, low key, intimate and down to earth. We live in Bolton near Manchester and it needs to be far enough away that it just seems to family that we are going on holiday.

money details we don't really want to spend more than £2000 on the whole thing. Maybe a ceremony followed by a night in a cabin with a log burner maybe. A picnic and a bottle of champagne by candle light.

we have been trying to plan this for 2years now and with only six months left until we lose the preferred date I'm starting to panic.

any ideas?

5 replies

Latest activity by bex_boo, 2 of August of 2013 at 16:51
  • little miss stubborn
    little miss stubborn ·
    • Hide content

I haven't used these guys so can't perosnally recomend them but they are based in Scotland and arange weddings just for 2 - www.weeweddings.co.uk

I love the idea of eloping. We met a couple on our honeymoon who did just that and we saw them get married on the beach - so romantic Smiley smile

• R
    Beginner
    RomanticYellowCakes19 ·
    • Hide content

I like your idea to elope as I've just had to cancel/postpone my wedding at the end of the month due to family conflicts which got out of hand. MH2B and I are now going to plan a wedding away from the family preferable a long flight away.

Good luck with finding a place. Italy or Venice are lovely places to look at.

• tayto
    Beginner May 2013
    tayto ·
    • Hide content

Given the time of year, what about a skiing type wedding? This crowd seem to have a few packages: https://www.crystalski.co.uk/. I've ski'ed with them and found them pretty good but not had a wedding so I couldn't fully comment on that. They do them for Austria, Slovenia & Canada and there's brochures on the link above for all three locations - there's an email & number as well to contact. They may only take bookings of a certain number and above though so I would suggest asking them that bit first.

• tayto
    Beginner May 2013
    tayto ·
    • Hide content

Another one - Italy: https://ski-2.com/ski-holidays/ski-weddings/ski-weddings/?cbg_tz=-60

• Feb2014Bride
    Beginner February 2014
    Feb2014Bride ·
    • Hide content

The Caribbean that time of year is warm, you can get some fab deals now – if you still fancied somewhere hot.

When we were in Antigua a few years ago a couple done what you want to, just them two – well and obviously a few witnesses – it was so romantic, after they just took a stroll down the beach and were taking a few pics of each other, beautiful.

Maybe the Dominican Republic? Cuba?

• bex_boo
    Beginner August 2014
    bex_boo ·
    • Hide content

Cancun in Mexico is lovely, and nice weather all year round I believe. You can probably get a good deal, and get married at a resort. Virgin holidays go there, and to some lovely hotels.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics