Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner April 2024 Bristol

Elopement to California

Katie, 21 of January of 2023 at 14:10 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 1

Hi All,

I am new to this website, and fairly newly engaged (Oct 2022). My partner and I have been thinking and decided that the traditional type of UK wedding is too overwhelming and complicated (in terms of guests) for us, so we are seriously considering whether to elope and in particular California.

I would really appreciate if anyone here has eloped to California and if they have any recommendations for particular venues/destinations and what the process was like for getting married in the States? Was there much paperwork?! If anyone has any tips or feedback from eloping, not only to the USA but anywhere it would be gratefully received!

Thanks Smiley smile

1 replies

Latest activity by Samantha, 14 of April of 2023 at 21:45
  • Samantha
    Beginner June 2023 Leicestershire
    Samantha ·
    • Hide content
    No tips unfortunately as we’re getting married in the U.K, but we did a road trip around California this time last year and stayed at a place called Ragged Point. It was absolutely beautiful and I know they hosted weddings there. If we’re still together in 25 years time, we’d like to renew our vows there ☺️ Good luck with your search

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics