Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lorns
Rockstar May 2015

Eloping for Vow Renewal, woodland ceremony, HELP PLEASE!

Lorns, 13 of December of 2019 at 22:14 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi!

My husband and I are going to renew our vows. We are going to elope, just him and I and we’d love to do it in a woodland setting, just the two of us and a celebrant.

Can anyone help in recommending somewhere that would do this?
As it is just the two of us, we don’t want a wedding breakfast/reception etc.... just somewhere beautiful to renew our vows.

We’re in East Mids but will consider anywhere that is beautiful and woody Smiley smile

thank you

1 replies

Latest activity by Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon, 26 of December of 2019 at 13:03
  • Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

Hi!

If you have a celebrant wedding (which is the usual thing for forest weddings) then it won't actually be legal in England. You'd have to have a registrar do it at the local registry office, then go to the forest with a celebrant.

As celebrants can perform non-legal weddings anywhere you can just pick a place you like.

Your other option would be to travel to Scotland because the rules there are different.

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

As you are planing a vow renewal then you do not need to have any contact with a registrar or the local registry office.

East Midlands area you have lots of options and could do it just about anywhere you like providing that you gain permission from the owner of the land. For woodland weddings in Leicestershire you have Hothorpe hall - the Woodlands where you could actually stay the night in a tree house. I have a gallery of the venue here

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics