Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner May 2022 Ross-shire

Eloping in Scotland and we need help on vendor etiquette!

Lauren, 17 of May of 2021 at 16:42 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 2
Hi everyone,

My fiancé and I are getting married in the highlands in Scotland next year with a group of 12 including ourselves so it’s a very small wedding.
Typically in The United States the etiquette around this is to tip your vendors and also offer them a plate of food for dinner.
We don’t mind doing this, we just didn’t know how things work since tipping is not customary over there and also we couldn’t find anywhere that the offering food part was customary as well. I think if we offer food to our vendors, our main thought is how are we going to set that up since our reception dinner is so small and Intimate.
Any ideas or input would be much appreciated 🙏🏻

2 replies

Latest activity by Lauren, 17 of May of 2021 at 17:48
  • Melissab
    Dedicated June 2022 Surrey
    Melissab ·
    • Hide content
    When you say vendors, are you referring to the venue staff? You don’t need to provide them with food and drink. We are providing our outsourced suppliers (quartet, DJ, photographer) with refreshments, but have instructed the venue to provide this and we will pay it with our bar bill. It will normally be something like a plate of sandwiches/warm canapés and soft drinks or water.

I’ve never heard of tipping wedding suppliers over here. No reason why you can’t do it I guess, I just don’t think it’s the norm.
  • L
    Beginner May 2022 Ross-shire
    Lauren ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for your feedback! I should have specified! I mean mainly our planners and photographer (so far).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics