Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner October 2024 Worcestershire

Eloping then uk ceremony?

Lucy, 21 of September of 2023 at 20:40 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi πŸ‘‹

My first time on here. Newly engaged πŸ’
My partner and I are planning to marry abroad just us and our little boy. We both have huge families and are expecting both sides to be disappointed with our choice.
However, we have been thinking about having our wedding abroad alone, but then having a late afternoon blessing/ceremony back home with family and an evening reception? No formal wedding breakfast just a buffet.
Has anyone done this or been to a wedding similar? I don’t know if the idea of a ceremony even makes sense after already being married abroad? But we would like to have our families involved somehow?

1 replies

Latest activity by Fredmike, 22 of September of 2023 at 08:36
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 Β·
    • Hide content

It makes total sense - and if you are not having a legal marriage, you have much more freedom in what you incorporate into your blessing. So loads of opportunity for family & friends to do readings, give speeches or pretty much do anything else that you want.

I've been to a few of these kinds of services - usually where one half of the couple is from another country, so they get married overseas with immediate family only and then have a blessing ceremony and reception in the UK as well.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics