Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

*MrsKtobe*
Beginner August 2016

Eloping to Brighton

*MrsKtobe*, 29 of October of 2015 at 09:39 Posted on Planning 0 4

HI,

My OH and I are planning to elope to Brighton next August and I was looking for recommendations for photographers, hair and make-up, and any hotels.

We have been a few times but only stayed in the Travelodge so would like something a bit nicer this time. We will also have our 3 year old daughter with us. We are looking to probably have a midweek wedding to keep the cost down as we will be going in peak season.

Any recommendations where to go afterwards for a nice meal or maybe afternoon tea?

Thanks in advance

4 replies

Latest activity by Laura Ellen Photography, 31 of October of 2015 at 14:26
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I can't help with Brighton but hello and welcome anyway. I'm eloping in Lapland in just under ten weeks.

• S
    Beginner September 2016
    Shikaka1984 ·
    • Hide content

Hi.

Great choice. I absolutely adore Brighton.

I love the Afternoon Tea at the Grand Hotel. It is right on the seafront too so ideal for some photographs.

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Howdy, Brightonian here.

There's the usual suspects along the seafront which are the Grand and Hotel Du vin. Also the Barcelo (The Old Ship) is also very nice.Hair and Make up, Amy Prifti or Stephanie Dorelli, Photographer wise you could do worse than checking out the local talent on the Hitched directory.

Afternoon tea wise the Blackbird Tea Rooms are nice. More cafe than hotel style but I like it there. Otherwise the Grand do afternoon tea as well. Enjoy!

• N
    Beginner January 2016
    NoMoore ·
    • Hide content

Choccywoccy Doodah cafe have a private room and their cakes are amazing.

Some of the B&Bs can be very nice, we stayed in one that had themed rooms and four poster beds.

The Ship is meant to be nice.

Good luck!

• Laura Ellen Photography
    Beginner May 2014
    Laura Ellen Photography ·
    • Hide content

Another Brightonian here too! All great recommendations from Chris, but thought I'd throw some others in the mix for you. Brighton has so much going on that it's worth doing your research.
    Hotel-wise - The Grand, Hotel du Vin and Blanch House all have beautiful rooms. Even the 'honeymoon suite' (the first room up from reception) at The Mercure is beauitful too actually!
    Restaurants can send you into a bit of a spin as there are hundreds, but Plateau is one of my favourites. I still haven't tried them yet, but have heard the following are very good... 24 St Georges, No.32, The Salt Room, The Chili Pickle, Hotel du Vin, The Restaurant at Drakes, Terre Terre, Gingerman, 64 Degrees. There are so many more! I'm sure if you rang ahead to let them know it's your wedding day, they'd make it that bit more special for you too.
    Another one to add to Afternoon Tea...Julien Plumart.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics