Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner February 2017

Eloping to Newcastle and looking for witnesses

RomanticGoldBridesmaid750, 4 of February of 2017 at 08:10

Posted on Planning 48

Hello there! My fiancé and I are eloping to Newcastle upon Tyne on Feb 20th 2017. We've booked a simple ceremony at Newcastle Registry Office. We haven't told a soul about our forthcoming wedding but I'm now starting to get a bit nervous about finding 2 witnesses. We had planned on asking 2 people...

Hello there! My fiancé and I are eloping to Newcastle upon Tyne on Feb 20th 2017. We've booked a simple ceremony at Newcastle Registry Office. We haven't told a soul about our forthcoming wedding but I'm now starting to get a bit nervous about finding 2 witnesses. We had planned on asking 2 people off the street but what if we can't find anyone? Does anyone on here live in Newcastle and would be willing to be a witness at our wedding? You really would make our day come true! Xx

48 replies

• R
    Beginner February 2017
    RomanticGoldBridesmaid750 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you so much! I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders! Now we can start and get excited! Your email hasn't arrived either but maybe it takes a while? I will have another go this evening! Thanks again Smiley smile

• Mrs_Conduct
    Expert June 2017
    Mrs_Conduct ·
    • Hide content

Oh yey I'm so glad you're sorted!! I've kept checking back on this thread Smiley smile

Last time I sent a message through the contact feature it didn't work - had to spell out email address with a couple of spaces to avoid the filter xx

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

Yes the message thing has not worked for some time, if you like I do not mind being an intermediate if you would both like to send me your email address and I can put the two of you together that way. You can email me here

• R
    Beginner April 2017
    Ratatatmilliecat ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Bill, that's really kind, I'll email you now.

• R
    Beginner February 2017
    • Hide content

Yes, thank you so much Bill - a great help! I've just sent you an email Smiley smile

• Hide content

All done - you now should each others email ?

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I so wanted to offer to do just this but being in the far south west it just wasn't practical- would be lovely if a hitcher could help out!! ?

• BrideintheToon
    Beginner September 2017
    BrideintheToon ·
    • Hide content

Did the elopement go to plan?

Hope you had a perfect day! Smiley smile

• Mrs_Conduct
    Expert June 2017
    Mrs_Conduct ·
    • Hide content

I've been wondering about this too Smiley smile x

• R
    Beginner February 2017
    • Hide content

An update…

Our wedding day was even more perfect than we could have imagined – just the two of us and our witnesses with a simple ceremony before we got the train down to York for a couple of nights. We spent our honeymoon pampering ourselves in a lovely hotel and got back home on Wednesday. Since then we have been busy sharing our exciting news with family and friends – I don’t think it has really sunk in yet but being a ‘Mrs’ feels perfect! We’re planning a party in a couple of months so I think we can delay reality for a little longer Smiley winking

Thank you to everyone who has read this and thought about us but especially to the very lovely Ratatatmilliecat and her wonderful H2B who made our dreams come true. We will be forever grateful that 2 strangers could show us so much kindness and wish them the very best for their own wedding and future lives together xxxxxxxxxxx

• Hide content

Fantastic -----well done and congratulations ? So glad it all worked out for you.

• BrideintheToon
    Beginner September 2017
    BrideintheToon ·
    • Hide content

Hurrah! I'm so glad it all went to plan, congratulations! And well done to Ratatatmilliecat for coming to the rescue!

• Mrs_Conduct
    Expert June 2017
    Mrs_Conduct ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations!!! Genuine tears in my eyes reading the your update I'm so happy for you, and so happy it could be a fellow Hitcher coming to the rescue. All the best for your future as a married couple xxx

• M
    Beginner September 2017
    MrsR2Be ·
    • Hide content

This is so lovely, what a kind thing to do! Congratulations! xx

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

I'm so glad it all worked out!! Smiley heart

Congratulations to you and your Husband!! Smiley heart

xx

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

Yay, excellent news! Congratulations Mr & Mrs! xx

• T
    Beginner May 2016
    Tidal Wave ·
    • Hide content

I have been keeping an eye on this while lurking and I am so glad and happy for you that it all worked out, that you didn't have to compromise on your secret wedding!

Many congratulations!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics