Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner August 2016

Emerald Cut Engagement Rings

Moonbeam88, 9 of September of 2015 at 20:03 Posted on Planning 0 6

Long story but after an issue with the diamond falling out of my ring I am having to have a new one. I want to get it from the original jewelers that my OH picked my original ring from and there are two similar ones that I like. Both halo style with a diamond band but one has a princess cut center stone and one emerald cut center stone.

I really like the emerald as it is unusual and I think it looks so classy but I've been told they don't sparkle as much. Also not sure what type of wedding ring would suit it? I did want a plain diamond pave band - would i need a shaped one or does a gap look ok?

Has anyone got an emerald shape and what do you think to yours?! What band have you gone for?

x

Updated to emerald cut!!! Sorry for any confusion!

6 replies

Latest activity by Danielle, 19 of August of 2021 at 22:32
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I was told the same thing. I looked at an emerald cut and compared to a princess cut and they are different sparkle wise. However I ended up getting a cushion cut diamond in the end and it sparkles perfectly even tho a lot of people said no you are wrong it will be a princess cut as they don't do cushion cut diamonds. It's defo a cushion cut!

compare the two and make your own choice. Blow everyone else.

A princess cut has more cuts to sparkle. An emerald cut is a little bit more like a baguette cut. Flashes more than sparkles if that makes sense. It's personal choice.

• L
    Beginner June 2017
    Ladylou178 ·
    • Hide content

I have an inherited engagement ring (h2b's late grandmothers) that is an emerald and it is just lovely. I am always getting comments on how pretty and unusual it is.

EDIT: Sorry I've clearly misunderstood the topic!!

• L
    Beginner September 2015
    lindabelle66 ·
    • Hide content

Not emerald but mine is green, a peridot with diamonds either side of the shoulder. Its stunning and ive had lots of compliments. And its very sparkly too! Not sure what the cut is, the peridot is rectangular with facets, I love it!

Linda

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

OP, think you need to edit your title to 'emerald cut'! People think you mean the green stones (as did I at first).

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Moonbeam88 ·
    • Hide content

The jewelers is a small independent business so I only have the choice out of these two if I get it from here (only two halo styles with pave bands they stock). Which I would like to as if I can't have my original ring i at least want it from the same place my OH chose. I will go try on I'm just getting impatient as I've been without my ER for 4 weeks now and I miss it! I've got really small fingers too so it'll no doubt be another 6 weeks for a ring to be made up in my size too boo Smiley sad

I do want my ring to be sparkly but the emerald cut looks bigger and the rock lover in me likes that about it hehe! And I guess it can't be too unsparkly or nobody would ever choose that cut? I just like how unusual it is too. I was the first out of my group of friends to get engaged and my original ring was princess cut and in the last 12 months another 5 friends have gotten engaged and and 4 have princess cut rings! But I know they are popular because it's a beautiful cut!

decisions....was easier when my OH picked and just presented haha! I understand what he must have gone through to pick now! When it's such a lot of money and it's for life it makes me feel panicky that my decision has to be the right one! x

• E
    Beginner
    ExpensiveBrownDiamonds1257 ·
    • Hide content

Princess cuts and emerald cuts definitely sparkle differently. The emerald cut will give off one big flash when it catches the light, whereas the princess cut will give off a bunch of smaller flashes one right after the other. Another thing to keep in mind is any step cut stones (emerald) do not hide inclusions as well as other cuts. You will just have to be very careful about the clarity. When my fiance and I first started looking at rings we went to a the Diamond District in NYC and the jeweller told us that he personally is not a fan of princess cuts just because over the time the sharp corners have the potential to break off. Another thing to keep in mind since you've already had an issue with your previous stone. Although that might not be a concern if it is surrounded by a halo.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics