Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner August 2011

Emergency Kit and Bathroom Goodies?

emmamac73, 25 of November of 2010 at 15:49 Posted on Planning 0 32

After receiving Kayl's infamous and very comprehensive list I got to thinking about making an emergency kit and a box of goodies for the bathroom at the reception...

What are you putting in yours? Or as a guest what would you like to see in the bathrooms?

Copy and Paste the lists and add your suggestions? Hopefully we'll get a comprehensive list going :-)

Emergency Kit for the Bride
Sewing Kit
Safety Pins
Spare tights/stockings?
Deodorant
Make Up
Perfume
Painkillers
Spare shoes/pumps
Hair Grips
Hair Spray

Bathroom Goodie Box for Guests
Deodorant (spray!)
Lip Balms
Hair Grips
Hair Bobbles
Hair Spray
Chewing Gum
Mints

32 replies

Latest activity by Little Madam, 29 of November of 2010 at 14:31
  • SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content

Bach rescue remedy for me!

• S
    Beginner January 2009
    sammy_wheeler ·
    • Hide content

I was thinking about doing this- but when i went to see my venue again- the toilets were lovely- and there wasnt room for a basket in them-

plus the guests have free toiletees in their rooms anyway.

• Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

Anti bac hand gel. My MOH and OH are obssessed with the stuff

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

Emma.... I also have a list for this...... ?

Lip gloss and balm

Mints

Deodorant

Baby wipes

Sewing kit and spare button / safety pin

Hair spray

Nail file

Head ache pills

Flat shoes

Gel pads for shoes

Plasters

Phone numbers list

Cooling spray

Money

Spare underwear (to change into before H sees)

Stomach settlers

Heel protectors for the grass

Talcum powder

Bobby pins

Bottle of water and drinking straw(s)

Brush

Elastic bands

Hand lotion

Lint brush / roller

Makeup remover

Nail polish in clear - will hold any small rips in Toille material of my dress / in tights.

Perfume

Superglue

Small mirror

Small snack

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

And here is a flash of what I have in the current ladies bathroom kits:

• MrsBear2b
    Beginner August 2011
    MrsBear2b ·
    • Hide content

Hehehehe nothing of use to add...but what a fabulous list you have there!

'all rise, those in favour of kayl planning their wedding for them'

xx

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

Haha Mrs Bear, this one wedding has transformed me into a neurotic over organised control freak...... Goodness knows what would happen if H2b suggested we had 2 weddings like yourself to organise!!

I think I may need several (dozen) bottles of Rescue Remedy nearer the wedding as I am such a stress head!

• S
    Beginner January 2009
    sammy_wheeler ·
    • Hide content

Hi kayl- can i just ask- are the little impluses sprays or roll ons?

• MrsBear2b
    Beginner August 2011
    MrsBear2b ·
    • Hide content

Awwww and your stuff is colour co-ordinated too!

Seems like you're doing fabulously and are on top of things. Just spent a day with my aunt and she stressed me out no end with reams and reams of things to consider for the wedding. Unlike you, it was not helpful at all and I have banished to the far reaches of Rugby back to her own home. Some people just know how to grate at you and make you feel unorganised and stupid if you haven't considered everything!

xx

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

I didn't have an emergency kit, nor did I do any bathroom stuff for guests.

As a guests I wouldn't expect to see anything and probably wouldn't use any if it was there. Most girls have their own supply of beauty products they need in their bag.

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

Sammy - they are sprays I think (My mom is in charge of the emergency kits)

MrsBear - they are all co-ordinated by Mom, BUT, not in our colours!! Grr. My mom won't listen when I keep saying I hate pink and red together!!

ETA: Don't let her make you feel like that sweet, it's not on!! You are doing fabulously, especially considering how difficult everything seems to be for you! I honestly meant what I said - if there is anything I can help with, let me know. Your not disorganised, your trying your best!! And even in a million yesrs, you won't have considered everything - don't let her worry you!

• MrsBear2b
    Beginner August 2011
    MrsBear2b ·
    • Hide content

It gives her something to do I suppose, least it isn't too garishly pink though! Are you putting it in a basket kayl, one like this perhaps, I know it's for a bike, but just an idea! http://www.jbikes.net/dalmatian-pink-with-red-reversible-basket-liner-small-p-1188.html

I love my aunt and I know she has good intentions, but I can't stand to spend time alone with her when she talks weddings. Things such as my accommodation for the wedding night, it is mine and OH's problem. But oh no"It is so important, one the most vital details...why haven't you decided, you're both far too laid back" blah blah. I'd like to say in one ear out the other but that doesn't work.

xx

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I guess, and in the grand scheme of things I know it doesn't really matter, but to me, it is important. lol. I was going to purchase a few smaller versions of these:

Simply because i'd like to use them in my own bathroom afterwards, hehe. I do like the idea of bringing the red into them though... but don't want it to clash! (seriously, can you see what this wedding is doing to me, i'm worrying about toiletories clashing!! ?

With you Aunt - that is one thing that she is at least trying to help, and I guess you just come to accept that she means well but goes about it the wrong way (My mom is like that). Yep it is all important, but not as important as spending time with your OH and you should enjoy that why you can.

I am so organised because, as I said OH is away staight after (more or less) we get married so in the last 6 months I want us to spend time together relaxing, not doing all these random little bits and pieces.

• MrsBear2b
    Beginner August 2011
    MrsBear2b ·
    • Hide content

Oh dear, you've really got the bug. Does your job require you to be so 'organised' too? I understand completely why you need to get things done in good time, can't imagine what it must be like for you knowing the limited time you have before he's off for months and months. I think I have fallen in love with you kayl, thanks for all your help so far.

xx

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I'm an accountant, so maybe a little bit yep.. But not to this extent.. I am weird, but I am fine with it and it is one of my qualities OH loves as he is sooo disorganised.. haha We will really make the most of our time together, so I don't feel too bad about it. He is going to make a fantastic hubby and his job kind of defines him so I wouldn't change it.

Haha I don't know what your H2b will say about that MrsBear!! But thanks! haha your welcome. I have your forwarded your name and email address to my friend to pass on to the wedding planner - I hope she is helpful.

• LollyB
    Beginner September 2010
    LollyB ·
    • Hide content

Just a little warning....

I did this for my wedding. However, much to my upset when I went to freshen up after the meal, before the speeches, loads of it had gone. I dont mean some of it was used I mean things had literally been taken. Whole bottles of body sprays, deoderants, hairspray, a little sewing kits, a whole box of saftey pins and loads of other stuff.

We didn't have exclusive use of the hotel, there was a small coach party in as well so it could well have been them or the staff who helped themselves but who knows! I did have a sign on there so it was clear it was for my wedding guests, but that made no difference!

I'm not saying don't do it if you want it, but just be warned. I spent quite a bit on all those bits and bobs so I was a bit upset, as it took me by surprise. So don't spend too much and dont be upset if things aren't there for long, especially if your sharing your facilities

xx

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

Laura, that is very mean of someone to take the bits.

To be honest most of the things on the list I have are for my use and will be in my "Emergency bag i've had printed from Vistaprint! Haha. Seriously, no one will be wearing my spare naughty knickers! haha.

The pink things are what we would put out for people, and knowing my lot, i'd be disappointed if the mini perfumes were there by 7pm! haha. But... I will have tried.

• SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content

@ Kayl - I think Im slightly in love with you too! lol

• SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content

In a purely platonic way of course! :0

• LollyB
    Beginner September 2010
    LollyB ·
    • Hide content

?

Trickers you really make me laugh!!!!

• Wedding Photographer
    Wedding Photographer ·
    • Hide content

Totally OTT and a bit of a risk to be honest

Do you want kiddies to be loose with the contents of your kit including the painkillers? Believe it or not, guests generally will have the stuff they feel they need with them, and decent venues and weddng professionals also have kits of stuff to resolve "issues"

• E
    Beginner August 2011
    emmamac73 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Don't hold back "Wedding Photographer" ?

Although I have to say I am coming round to agree with you. I am going to go ahead with MY emergency kit but leave the idea of a guest box etc. I think most girls will bring their own lippie and perfume. The loo's at are venue are pretty nice with posh handwash/lotion and tissues etc so should be ok.

Lots of useful ideas here for the brides emergency kit. Thanks guys!

xx

• Wedding Photographer
    Wedding Photographer ·
    • Hide content

Ha ha

I say it how it is.. I have seen these before, and I have seen a mums look of disbelief when a child was running round with a tampon and a condom that was found in the "emergency box in the bathroom"

Remember - kids will go through everything. Adults can look after themselves

• Mrs S*
    Beginner January 2010
    Mrs S* ·
    • Hide content

I had a sweat bag! We did get married on a beach and it was very hot! It was only used by myself and my bridesmaids. It was really one big bag for us all rather than having handbags. It contained makeup, wet wipes, tissues, that grease paper that you use to stop shine!, magicool, deodorant, perfume, cameras, cash, we were going to have lots of hair pins and hair spray, but with the amount of pins and spray we had in our hair we decided it wouldn't be required! (we had a fire show and began to worry that we were so flammable!). It really was just a big shared handbag. We hooked it to the back of my grandmas wheelchair!

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I am not treating the guests that much, haha, I am just making sure the bare essentials are there for them - liquid soap, something to make the side look pretty and some nice tissues and a body spray.

Most of the stuff on my list is for my emergency kit, when I saw kit, it might be more of a huuuuge bag!

And.. loving the love on this post, us August gals are in it together! ?

• SarinaCain
    Beginner March 2011
    SarinaCain ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I missed this looking but cant find it.... Smiley sad

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

Haha Sarina - would you like a copy?

Pop me an email to ************@*******.**.**

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

Trickers would you feel better if we started a big argument? Perhaps you could insult my plans or something......... ??

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

Don't worry I was only joking! Although I was going to say "Ah bless you" but I am guessing that proves your very point.....

From now on, expect a cold hearted kayl, I have edited my post.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics