Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

HollieBerry
Beginner June 2014

Emma Roy - Edinburgh

HollieBerry, 2 of June of 2013 at 13:39 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi Ladies,

I bought my wedding dress yesterday and I thought i'd share my amazing experience at Emma Roy in Edinburgh!

My other half and I (along with my parents) were down to discuss details with our wedding venue in & my mum suggested trying to have a look in some bridal shops while we were there, obviously not being well organised we didn't make appointments anywhere, however with my wedding not being until next June I didn't really have the intention of purchasing one yet!

I'd heard about Emma Roy before online but i'd never been before, after one disastrous attempt to look at wedding dresses in one shop (extremely rude woman who barked at us she was too busy to even let us in to arrange an appointment!) we called Emma Roy at 4:20 in the afternoon on the off chance they would have an appointment, and as it happened they had one opening left at 4:30! To say it was fate was an understatement, we were greeted by some of the loveliest ladies I think I have ever met, who then poured us glasses of champagne before leading us downstairs to a room full of stunning dresses, floor to ceiling mirrors & plush sofas. The wide variety of exquisite dresses was something to behold! I would defy anyone not to fall in love with a dress in there!

The staff could have not been more attentive or helpful and I truly felt like a princess and my day, and dress, were the most important things in the world. After 2 glasses of champagne I found my perfect dress, as soon as I put it on I knew it was my dress! However it was a strapless dress and I really wanted something with straps, so a variety of straps & cap sleeves appeared and I found a set that matched my dress perfectly.

I'm not normally one for writing reviews however it was such a lovely experience, I would recommend every bride to look into visiting this shop! Coming from Aberdeen there is a shortage of good bridal shops in the city, the few that are there I can't say i've had great experiences in, it's almost like a cattle market waiting for someone to free the changing room then frantically trying on dresses for an hour before being booted out, not so much as being offered a glass of water!

By the time I had chose my dress, got measured, tried on every tiara in the shop & was finally persuaded to take the dress off, it was well past closing time, so all the staff sat with us while we completed the order & filled in the forms and (along with yet another glass of champagne) we all toasted to my purchase!

Now for the nitty gritty... the cost. I chose a Mori Lee dress, which is simply stunning. I hadn't even looked at the price when I tried it on, I knew I was having it regardless of cost! The dress I had tried on before it came in at £2095 so I braced myself to be hit with the value, I about fell over when told it was £540 and they had 15% off that weekend! My cap sleeves were separate & were Maggie Sottero so they were £110 more, however if you purchase a dress in store you automatically receive 10% off anything additional you purchase, so basically for my dress plus the sleeves I was £558! Amazing considering I had tried on a Jenny Packham dress not 2 weeks before which came in at an eye watering £4,000!

I cannot express how fantastic this shop is, you are treated like a princess from the second you walk in the door! I'm planning to purchase my tiara / hair piece from there and any additional bling i'll need for the day, I could get that easily up here in Aberdeen but i'd go nowhere else now!

H x

3 replies

Latest activity by suzysimpson, 3 of June of 2013 at 16:48
  • HollieBerry
    Beginner June 2014
    HollieBerry ·
    • Hide content

I'm planning on sending a little card to them,

Such a lovely experience and exactly what every bride should have when shopping for their dress!

H x

• Mrs*M
    Beginner August 2013
    Mrs*M ·
    • Hide content

Really pleased you had such a good experience there, I was going to go there but a very close friend of mine had a horrible time there so it put me off.

you must be so excited to have your dress?

• suzysimpson
    Beginner August 2013
    suzysimpson ·
    • Hide content

I went there with a friend a few years ago and they were fab then too, so nice to hear they're still going strong!! So pleased you had a good experience there!! It makes such a difference Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics