Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner May 2018

End of May - too early for an outdoors wedding?

SunnyYellowConfetti672, 18 of May of 2017 at 21:31 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hi all,

I was wondering if I could get some advise/opinions on whether the end of May is too early for an outdoors wedding? My dream venue which we have pencilled in for 31st May next year (a Thursday, another point of potential controversy!) is a woodland and although there is some shelter in the form of a marquee and a wooden hut, it's definitely an outdoorsy affair with guests encouraged to camp. With how rubbish the weather has been this week I've just been worried that it might be like this next year on our wedding day. I know that some of our guests and close family really won't care as like us they like the outdoors but I don't want others to be miserable!

Or maybe I'm overthinking and should just go for it?

8 replies

Latest activity by RedHair82, 5 of July of 2017 at 13:49
  • A
    Beginner April 2016
    Apey ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I'm sure you've noticed that it's now HOT outside as it approaches the end of May.

My friends got married on April 8th this year and it was GLORIOUS. A few years ago my friends got married in July, and it turned out to be the "wettest day of the year". So you can never tell! I'm sure none of your guests will be 'miserable' (they don't have to camp anyway and just remind everyone to dress appropriately!) - and if they are, sod 'em.

It sounds amazing. Go for it.

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

Go for it! The weather can be great at the end of May. I photographed an outdoor wedding mid-April a couple of years ago.

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

I have photographed outdoor weddings in most months so I wouldn't worry.

• MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

My ceremony is on an open courtyard on 6th April.

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

Outdoor ceremony should be AOK, if it rains it shouldn't do so for too long. Smiley smile

• Dewan Demmer Photography
    Dewan Demmer Photography ·
    • Hide content

May can actually be an excellent time to be outdoors, not to hot and the rain is giving way to Summer. Odd are in your favour !
    Another thing to think about is I have had a number of weddings in July with a rainy day.

• T
    Beginner June 2018
    TheOverlyOrganizedBride ·
    • Hide content

I'm in the same boat girl! Looking at end of May/first week of June 2018 for a tipi wedding! Fingers crossed for both of us Smiley smile

• H
    Beginner May 2018
    HappyBrownConfetti849 ·
    • Hide content

Go for it!

You are never going to know what the weather will do in this country, so why live in fear?

End of May is usually safe, but you can always fill a bucket with big golf umbrellas for guests, or have umbrella/ waterproof poncho wedding favours and make it a feature!

Personally I think it will be fine, but it wouldn't hurt to have a plan just in case!

Your woodland wedding sounds lovely by the way x

Best of luck!

• R
    Beginner
    RedHair82 ·
    • Hide content

We are looking for a woodland wedding, can I ask where?!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics