Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Dedicated October 2023 Greater Manchester

Engagement

MrsM2B, 4 of April of 2023 at 10:24 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 9

So it’s been a year since my FH proposed and we’ve got 6 months to go until our wedding day. Seen a few old forums about engagements so thought I’d start one! How did you get engaged and send a picture of your ring?

We’d gone away for the week to a treehouse in Scotland. We’d finished unpacking and I was sat on the sofa looking out at the amazing view when he got down on one knee. We’re going back there for a few days after our wedding for a mini moon. 🥰 x

Engagement 1
Engagement 2
Engagement 3

9 replies

Latest activity by MrsM2B, 27 of April of 2023 at 13:15
  • J
    Beginner August 2024 East Central London
    Jinnykey ·
    • Hide content

What a ring!
    wow

• S
    Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    That sounds amazing and your ring is gorgeous. That tree house is amazing!!
    I remember every detail. He planned to do it 2 days prior where we met (We were also up in Scotland for a weeks holiday) and I could sense something and it made me nervous and maybe a little cheeky, haha. Not rude, just like it’s ok we don’t have to stop and get photos it’s fine. Haha. He was on edge and he’s not that type of person so I thought if I was straight with him he would relax. But there was no public access anymore so he couldn’t. 2 days pass and we are in Fortwilliam and had just been up Ben Nevis and that’s when he popped the question. Just me him and our beautiful dog. I was in shock and so so happy. I remember the night being amazing in our camper van eating a curry in Oban, we had no phone signal and we were loving life playing cards. It didn’t sink in until 2 days later when we arrived in Lochlomond and I got a beautiful message from my friend at work saying “I’ve passed on your message, its such a lovely atmosphere here we are all so excited for you, your dad will be so over the moon for you both as I’m sure he would have been watching” and I remember my fiancé saying there they are, I’ve been waiting for those tears. It’s one of those weeks I wish I could live over and over again. Sunshine, my little family traveling around and no phone signal. Haha. ❤️
  • M
    MrsM2B ·
    • Hide content
    That sounds lovely. x
  • L
    Beginner May 2025 Kent
    Lexine ·
    • Hide content
    Omg what gorgeous ring and what a gorgeous proposal you had! Congratulations! 🥰 My fiancé proposed to me last week on my birthday in Italy! I couldn’t believe it, we were both on cloud 9 we couldn’t finish eating 😂 I’ve got no idea where to start with planning lol 😆 Engagement 4

• M
    MrsM2B ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Congratulations on your engagement! Your proposal sounds lovely too. No wonder you couldn’t finish eating! 😂 Good luck with your planning. x
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Loving everyone's stories and the ring pics!

We had a meal at our favourite pub and on the way back, we drove past the spot where we met up for our first date and he suggested we get out for a short walk - this was something we did regularly, so I was totally unsuspicious...until we got to our favourite viewpoint and he dropped down on one knee. (We bought a big photo canvas of that view as our second wedding anniversary gift to ourselves Smiley love )

• M
    MrsM2B ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aw that sounds lovely, somewhere that was special to you both. 😊 x
  • Laura
    Dedicated July 2023 Cambridgeshire
    Laura ·
    • Hide content
    Congratulations on your engagement! That place in Scotland looks incredible.
    There's a pub in between my house and my fiancé's house where we met a lot as we got to know each other, and it's become very special to us a result. It has a green in front of it so he suggested we have a picnic, I got the pints in before he arrived with the food. After we'd finished eating he handed me a card with lots of photos of us on it, there was a message inside about how much he loved making memories with me, and then asked if I wanted to spend the rest of our lives doing the same? I looked up and he was on one knee with a ring that belonged to my grandma's sister. It was perfect for us 🥰
  • M
    MrsM2B ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aw that sounds amazing, especially with a family ring. x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics