Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner August 2014

Engagement ring and wedding band

camilla89, 29 of March of 2014 at 15:51 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hey ladies!

It has come for the time for me and my Husband to be to buy our rings. I aam having a bit of trouble trying to find a wedding band that will fit underneath my engagement ring.

My ring is similar to the one below, the only major difference is that mine has a gold band.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what type of band would fit well?

Thanks xx

9 replies

Latest activity by irrelephant, 30 of March of 2014 at 19:07
  • lilbeth
    Beginner July 2015
    lilbeth ·
    • Hide content

I'm afraid I wouldn't have a clue!

I went and tried on a variety at a wedding fair and the style I was planning to go for looked a bit strange and one I'd never pick looked perfect, so I would say head to a jeweller and try rings on to see what looks best.

Good luck.

• J
    Beginner May 2015
    Jayla ·
    • Hide content

Gorgeous ring. If I were you I would have it made to fit. My engagement ring is like yours, but with only the middle stone and I'm having mine made. Not sure where yet, but I've heard great thins about Alba Rose and they are a really good price.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Gorgeous ring!

My wedding ring fit snugly under the stones but I think H had the engagement ring made to do that.

Have you tried a flat band?

Other than that i would probably get one made. If you go to an independent jeweller rather than I high street place you should get a good deal.

• Tray1980
    Beginner July 2013
    Tray1980 ·
    • Hide content

I sent mine to Alba Rose who scanned it and emailed me suggestions

• MrsCWB
    Beginner October 2014
    MrsCWB ·
    • Hide content

Alba Rose are good - if they can't do something suitable, they will tell you and not try and make you get something else! I want a very particular ring, I gave them all the information and they emailed me to say there was no way they could do it. There was no hard sell to buy something else instead.

x

• CrazyRatLady
    Expert September 2014
    CrazyRatLady ·
    • Hide content

Your ER is a similar shape to mine. I am thinking of something V shaped so the stone sits in the V. Have tried a few on in jewellers which didn't sit quite right so we are having ours made by a local lady who can make it fit properly.

• S
    Beginner April 2014
    Saskia1983 ·
    • Hide content

My engagement ring is a very similar shape. I have bought a plain band for my wedding ring. It doesn't fit flush but in my opinion it just means you can still see the shape of the ring, rather than have the 2 merge into each other. And when I've tried them on its comfortable as well.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Here is mine, the stone in the middle is an aquamarine as opposed to the darker blue yours has.

It came from a shop called 'cred' in Chichester. This is the website https://www.queensmith.co.uk/engagement-rings

I have a plain wedding band as a diamond one was too blingy. I will try and find you a pic....

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Found it. So the first pic is my wr now, plain d shaped band. The second is my original wr which had diamonds and bling. Less is more on this occasion I think.

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

Similar to Kharv and *mini* I just went with a plain band with my engagement because bling looked a bit much with the sapphire and the diamonds (although my rocks are a bit smaller). We had my ring made so that the band should fit snug against it, although there is a tiny gap because the sapphire is more rounded at the end than the jeweller thought.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics