Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rosegoldsparkle
Beginner October 2017

Engagement ring being resized!

Rosegoldsparkle, 13 of November of 2015 at 11:11 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi everyone!

I had to take my ring to be resized the other day and I feel so wierd without it even though I'd had it in for less than a week! Originally the jeweller said it would be 2 weeks, but after she measured the ring and my finger, she said it would be longer as the ring was 3.5 sizes too big! Damn my tiny child like hands!

Anyways! I hope it doesn't take that long!! Xx

7 replies

Latest activity by Pink Sparkle, 22 of November of 2015 at 19:17
  • E
    Beginner May 2016
    ExpensivePinkCars201 ·
    • Hide content

I feel your pain! Mine is the right size (OH is very smug about that, but I think it was just luck!) but one of the clasps wasn't quite right so it had to be sent off. I felt lost without it!

• Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

I know the feeling! For my 21st my oh got me a ring but when we went in the jewellers they didn't stock them that small! Luckily it was the ring finger but on my right so he sneakily use that for my ER size. It will feel so much better once it's re-sized! You will feel a lot calmer about wearing it and hopefully it will be quicker, mine came in sooner but I guess it depends on metal etc

• Rosegoldsparkle
    Beginner October 2017
    Rosegoldsparkle ·
    • Hide content

YeH, I'll defo feel better when it fits me properly! I was taking my make up off one night and moved my hand quickly and it flew off and landed in the bath ?

The ring just means so much to so many people as it was his mums, who unfortunately lost her battle with cancer earlier this year, and he asked his siblings and grandparents permission to use her ring to propose to me with when they were sorting her house out. So it's going to be amazing when it fits and I don't have to panic about losing it somewhere other than my bath!! Xx

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Moonbeam88 ·
    • Hide content

I had this problem too. I've ended up having a H so it's very lucky my other half got a ring from a jewelers that makes them from scratch as the ring i saw that i thought i wanted before we were engaged was from a high street jewelers and the don't come any smaller than an I. xxx

• L
    Beginner October 2016
    Lakesbride16 ·
    • Hide content

I know exactly how you feel! My ring was 3 sizes too big but I have teeny hands (size F!) so not surprising really.

• L
    Beginner August 2016
    LauraLtobe ·
    • Hide content

We have a friend who is a jewellery maker and he is resizing my ring while I go for coffee next week. He said it will only take an hour, but then he did make it in the first place. But I think it'll feel so odd to be without it even for that tiny bit of time!

• P
    Beginner October 2016
    Pink Sparkle ·
    • Hide content

Me and OH picked ER together and as it was a one off had to get it resized. But even after being resized once i then ended up getting it resized a couple more times. Going down one size each time. In the end we still couldn't get right size so the jeweller from the workshop had to view the ring on my finger to decide how much to take it down by. It is now a size I 3/4. The fake ER my OH proposed with was an L and fits so it seems different styles have a different fit.

We are getting my wedding band made to match and fit the ER. So fingers crossed we can get the correct size easier! But on the plus the jewellers i used did all my resizing same day. Would drop it off at lunch time and then it would be ready to collect by the end of the day. So it doesn't appear to take too long to resize.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics