Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Engagement ring *flash*, anyone else want to join in? :)

4 of May of 2014 at 22:25 Posted on Planning 0 108

I can't stop staring at my engagement ring and I was wondering if I was the only one that does this? Lol I thought I'd start this thread as I always love seeing other people's styles of ring they have & any stories behind them ? so here goes with mine..... It's diamonds and sapphire in a "daisy" shape, which is perfect for me as gerbera daisies are my favourite flower! I chose the ring myself as I suddenly saw it online & fell instantly in love (the kind where you feel like you've been clobbered in the stomach!), emailed the link to my OH who's reply was "that is very nice, I think I'll have to buy it for you.." ? And here it is....

108 replies

Latest activity by Graham, 15 of April of 2024 at 15:51
  • TwoDucks
    Beginner December 2014
    TwoDucks ·
    • Hide content

Ah that's lovely! You're not the only one, I stare at mine all the time!

Here's mine:

Its an emerald and diamond ring bought in Rome where OH proposed. Other than him it's my most prized possession! I love it sooo much!

He'd actually bought a different one to propose with, then when we were in Rome he saw this and decided it was 'the one' so bought it as well! Luckily the other shop took the other one back when we got home!

Edit to say I don't think of OH as a possession, hopefully you know what I meant!

• AmyandRoss
    Beginner March 2015
    AmyandRoss ·
    • Hide content

Mines a 1.5 carat platinum thing. X

• Suzie88
    Beginner August 2014
    Suzie88 ·
    • Hide content

I'm a twister! I can feel myself twisting it around on my finger all the time! Every so often, the light catches it just right and the sparkles make me just stop and stare. The little girls in my class are probably more interested in staring at it than I am (I think partially because they want to get out of doing their work.....)

And I'm probably being really stupid, but I can't get my pic to attach? Clicked on the film strip, chose the file, hit insert and nothing happened..... Help?! I want to join in!!!

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    HeavyMetalMaiden ·
    • Hide content

Ooooo they are so lovely! I will flash mine when I get it back in a couple days after my mum sent it off for resizing!

P.S. How does one flash?

• k.j.w
    Beginner June 2017
    k.j.w ·
    • Hide content

I'm the same....I love looking at it, and also do twist/play around with it too.

As I'm fussy my OH designed it (including picking out diamonds) & got it handmade for me Smiley smile He had it for months before he proposed as he wanted to do it abroad in the same location as our first holiday together.

• MrsDJG
    Beginner May 2015
    MrsDJG ·
    • Hide content

Any excuse to flash my ring, I simply love it Smiley smile I hope my flash works, I'm on the iPad. It's a Neil Lane, double halo, white gold & diamonds with some beautiful detail on the inside which you can't see on this picture.

Lovely to see everyone else's rings too.

• J
    Beginner May 2015
    Jayla ·
    • Hide content

Beautiful rings. Here is mine. My oh chose it all by himself and I have had it nearly 5 years now. I never get tired of looking at it. I do worry about how I will get a wedding ring to fit it. It could do with a clean too...

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

Here we go. It's vintage - probably late 50s or early 60s.

ETA: it's a ruby (my middle name is Ruby) in white gold with tiny diamonds in the shank. It was very cheap and only meant to be a 'stopgap' ring while my H2B saved up, but I love it so much I wouldn't ever want another one.

• P
    Beginner August 2014
    Purplemunchkin ·
    • Hide content

Mine is white gold, with a pink sapphire and two little diamonds. I had a platinum ring with a diamond solitare the first time round, so wanted something different. Since pink is the favourite colour of H2B, his son, and his youngest daughter it made it easy to choose.

It's lovely to see so many different rings.

• kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content

Mine is aqua marine and I love it. Did the diamond thing first time around so very very pleased that OH Chose something so perfectly different.

• lm1985
    Beginner September 2016
    lm1985 ·
    • Hide content

Any excuse to flash my ring. Love it to pieces. White gold 1/6 carat of diamonds. Always looking at it. Goes in a trinket box at night when I sleep x love seeing all the different rings posted.x

• ToBeMrsHouse
    Beginner August 2014
    ToBeMrsHouse ·
    • Hide content

Eeeee! I love looking at rings, although I'm very happy with my own. Diamond and sapphire from FayCullen. My fiancé also bought me an emerald ring for my last birthday and most people end up commenting on that one, not my engagement ring.

The picture makes my fingers look stubby Smiley sad

• clarehj
    Beginner April 2012
    clarehj ·
    • Hide content

Been married 2 years and I still sit and stare at it on the train - we designed it together in Hatton garden - saw this really sparkly diamond we loved, and got it fitted it 2 stones on either side and a diamond band. I love it as (to me) it looks vintagey and no one I know has anything similar. It sparkles so much IRL I love it. this was one of my tog pics

• Curlysuzie
    Beginner September 2014
    Curlysuzie ·
    • Hide content

My ring my OH picked himself. I did point out a ring with the diamonds on the shoulders about a yr or so before he proposed and he remembered! I thought he wasn't paying attention! Anyway he saw this when we was first looking and kept going back to it and comparing the others to this one!

• Lottie2409
    Beginner November 2014
    Lottie2409 ·
    • Hide content

Wow! Love looking at everyone elses's rings and love how different they all are. Here's mine, picked by OH himself as a total surprise

• smokesignal
    Beginner August 2015
    smokesignal ·
    • Hide content

Glad to know I'm not the only one who can't stop playing with my ring! I keep getting disapproving looks off my parents because they think I'm going to drop/lose it :L Love seeing how different everyone's rings are! Here's mine, he picked it by himself (although he already knew what I like) and was a surprise!

• Joebella44
    Beginner March 2015
    Joebella44 ·
    • Hide content

I am exactly the same, have been engaged 4 months and still keep starting at it, have almost walked into people because i've been walking along looking at my hand lol.

Mine's from Tiffany's, platinum band - he picked it himself and was a surprise, my H2B went to lots of trouble learning about diamonds so he could pick the perfect one, he can now tell me all about clarity, cut and flaws etc lol

• AmyandRoss
    Beginner March 2015
    AmyandRoss ·
    • Hide content

Mine is a Tiffany too :-)

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

I love mine - it's not like anyone elses ?

• miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content

Here's mine, it's vintage, circa 1930s with an amethyst and two tiny diamonds and an engraved platinum front.

We chose it together and I love it ;-)

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

Yay!

Mine:

Hers:

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    SunnyOrangeConfetti79 ·
    • Hide content

Here's mine - it's pretty and delicate and I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it in the shop. It's silver, so was bargaintastic too Smiley smile

• MrsBoo
    Beginner November 2014
    MrsBoo ·
    • Hide content

haha I always try and sneak a look...people must think I have a weird hand obsession!

heres mine..picked out by OH..he knew I wanted white gold and diamond shoulders but chose the halo all by himself!..dont know why the photo is so big...excuse my wrinkly hand!

• Melancholie
    Beginner December 2014
    Melancholie ·
    • Hide content

Here's mine. Just over a carat, trilogy emerald cut, platinum band.

This is my wedding ring, also platinum with 16 princess cut diamonds:

• flowersinherhair
    Beginner April 2014
    flowersinherhair ·
    • Hide content

Here's my sparkler together with my wedding ring, now I'm married and all! I love my rings and catch myself staring at them too, OH did a great job with the ER, I absolutely love it!

• Suzie88
    Beginner August 2014
    Suzie88 ·
    • Hide content

Giving it another go.... White gold and diamond, shaped like a rose bud (I think!)

This is the day we got engaged, top of Ta Keo in Cambodia (which is where he bought the ring)

and yes, it was rather fetchingly set off with a plaster cast....

• kharding2014
    Beginner October 2014
    kharding2014 ·
    • Hide content

Here's mine. Sorry for the sidewards pic. My friend is a jeweller and one day we went to her shop to idly look at rings. OH was secretly making notes with her & taking my ring size. They then designed it & she made it & 6 months later he proposed. I love it! X

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrstobe2014 ·
    • Hide content

All these rings are beautiful!!

Here's mine.

xxx

• W
    Beginner November 2014
    Wife In Training ·
    • Hide content

Here's mine- OH picked it himself after lots of geeky diamond research!

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

Here's mine. OH chose it by himself. It's not what I would have chosen, but I love it because he chose it for me.

It;s a 1/4 carat diamond set in a white gold band.

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

This is mine, we picked it between us

• Sambarine
    Beginner May 2015
    Sambarine ·
    • Hide content

Here's mine, picked by h2b. He met a new friend whose wife is a jeweller, so he picked it from a catalog that she had, and swapped out the emerald in the setting for a 0.6c diamond - he spent months researching clarity and cut - I guess it's a geeky guy thing Smiley winking It's not what I would have picked for myself, but I love it completely. I'm another one who constantly plays with it, and stares at it all the time! It's a lot more sparkly than it looks in the picture!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics