Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

mattsgirl
Beginner August 2012

Engagement ring has cracked

mattsgirl, 13 November, 2011 at 15:09 Posted on Planning 0 7

This is now the second time my engagement ring has cracked... I am not a very happy bunny at all! I've not caught it or damaged it in any way and my jeweller said last time I was having the ring reshanked, but how is it cracked in the same place and the same way? I am going back to the jeweller tomorrow with my H2B as He is not happy either. So upset it has happened again. Has anyone else had the same problem? Its a 9ct gold ring with diamonds. ?

7 replies

Latest activity by mattsgirl, 6 December, 2011 at 12:58
  • Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content

Where did you buy it?

• mattsgirl
    Beginner August 2012
    mattsgirl ·
    • Hide content

A small jeweller not far from where i live.
  • K
    Beginner September 2012
    kelly1988 ·
    • Hide content

I had a similar problem got my engagement ring from a big high street chain and my diamond fell out as i was putting clothes in the washing machine (i was very lucky) and went back to th shop and they tried making out it was my fault and didnt want to know, so i took it to a small independent jewellers and they made it much better but it still worries me its gonna happen again so i know how you feel ☹️

• C
    Beginner April 2014
    coijewelry ·
    • Hide content

Think about having a tungsten or titanium wedding ring. It is not too hard to have a custom made ring. post or send me a pic of the band and I can see If we can do anything for you.

• S
    StaceyH ·
    • Hide content

Oh no! I'd be furious. Suppose its worth the ask if you could exchange it for a new one. If they aren't willing to do that i'd ask for a full refund as they've given you a faulty item

I had my engagement ring made by a jeweller we know. He is brilliant. He's also doing our wedding rings.

• Kalie85
    Beginner
    Kalie85 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I work in a jewellers and you usually see this either when the ring has been resized and its failed or the metal is porous so it has lots of little air bubbles in it from when it was made which can weaken the ring. Definitely take it back to your jeweller because either way, its a faulty ring.

• mattsgirl
    Beginner August 2012
    mattsgirl ·
    • Hide content

I had taken it back to my jewellers a couple of weeks ago and I now have it back! ?

He was once again very apologetic and surprised it happened again. He said he is not going to the supplyer of the ring this time and took it to a friend that is also a jeweller and they put a new shank on it. The new shank is now thicker and heavier and they have guaranteed it wont crack again!! However, I am so worried that it will happen again I am constantly checking my ring!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics