Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner April 2012

Engagement ring ready to snap :(

LittleMissB, 23 of February of 2012 at 19:19 Posted on Planning 0 9

I noticed a couple of days ago that my ring had bent a little, dont know how ??

So whilst out today I popped into a jewellers that happens to be the one my OH got it from but in town store, anyway I pointed out the problem and the suspicious looking line that had appeared and hoped it wasnt what I thought - but just my luck its got a hair line crack through it and if didnt put it in to be repaired it would snap and cost more

Gutted going to be without my beloved ring for upto 10 days they said it could be a faulty gold and that they will find out when its taken in !! ☹️

9 replies

Latest activity by Shamy, 24 of February of 2012 at 03:39
  • *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

I should hope it's faulty if it snaps! That's rubbish quality on the jewellers behalf. Are they fixing it for free? If it's a quaility or manufacturing fault, it should be repaired or refunded with no cost to you.

• L
    Beginner April 2012
    LittleMissB ·
    • Hide content

It was over 3 years ago that OH bought it so they say its past the warranty ?? Only costing £32 to have it so not too much but still miffed as to how it happened !

• mattsgirl
    Beginner August 2012
    mattsgirl ·
    • Hide content

Awww I know how you feel!!! It happened to my ER ring TWICE and I was absolutely gutted!!! It had completely cracked at the bottom of the shank. We took it back to the jewelers and the first time sent it back to his supplier who allegedly reshanked it, only to find a month or so down the line to crack in the same place. I took it back again and the jeweller had a colleague who reshanked my ER with a thicker shank and *touches wood* wont break again!!! so far so good! Sometimes there my be very tiny air bubbles in the matal when it is made, or the metals react to one another. It can also be a weakness if the ring has been resized. I hope you get it back fixed soon

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

What crap! Why would a warranty only cover a couple years when the ring has to last a lifetime!!!

My ring came standard with a lifetime guarantee, I can take it in any time and have it repaired, polished etc, whenever it needs it. Even if the diamond FALLS OUT of the setting and is LOST, I can have a new diamond free of charge until it's 10 years old- so long as there's no evidence of tampering in the setting.

I think your jeweler is pretty rotten, tbh. I wouldn't go back to them for your wedding bands!

• HLT
    Beginner August 2012
    HLT ·
    • Hide content

I can sympathise, I'm without mine too as a diamond has gone. Smiley sad

• N
    Beginner June 2013
    natsastar ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

most highstreet shops only do a year or 2 warranty but you generally have to pay extra for more years on top... x

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Your actually protected by 'The Sale of Goods Act' warranty or not for any purchase you make, what you are sold has to be fit for purpose, contact consumer direct if you need more advice.

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

For info

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governmentcitizensandrights/Consumerrights/Yourconsumerrightswhenbuyinggoodsandservices/DG_194650

• S
    StaceyH ·
    • Hide content

Good excuse to get the OH to buy you a new one

• Shamy
    Beginner September 2014
    Shamy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hehe I like the way you think ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles