Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsHD2015
Beginner June 2015

engagement ring repair

MrsHD2015, 15 of December of 2013 at 09:26 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi everyone

My diamond fell out of my engagement ring last night Smiley sad I have the diamond and we are taking it back to the shop today but I am terrified they won't be able to repair it in store and I will have to wait til after Xmas to get it back Smiley sad

The jeweller is H Samuel, does anyone know if they can repair this kind of thing on the spot? I'm heartbroken so any comfort is welcome!

Xx

6 replies

Latest activity by MrsHD2015, 15 of December of 2013 at 16:23
  • jen-lou
    Super July 2016
    jen-lou ·
    • Hide content

How long have you had it? I had a ring (not my engagement ring) from h samuel and one of the stones fell out after 2 days and they replaced it for me no problems. If you have ha it a wile and didnt take out the "insurance" they offer they may charge you for it, but it may be a fault on the ring, but just take it in and see what they say. At least you have found the diamond out of it though. I wasn't so lucky with mine. Good luck.

• emmiejune
    Beginner December 2013
    emmiejune ·
    • Hide content

Just out of interest, why are you 'terrified' about maybe not getting it back until after Christmas? Surely it is better to get it fixed properly(not in a rush) and be without it for a week or so than risk it not being done properly? I though H Samuel usually post stuff off but I might be wrong.

• C
    Beginner
    cw2b ·
    • Hide content

I had the same problem with my ring due to the style and that it needed to be made about 6 sizes smaller! But to cut a long story short, we took it back and it was sent off. I took about 4 weeks to get back. I was so upset as I just wanted to wear it but it was worth the wait as I've had no problems with it since. To answer your question, I wouldn't have thought they could repair it in the shop - frustrating but will be worth it, knowing the diamond is secure and won't fall out again!

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This.

Much better to have it sent off and done properly than rushed in a shop and then fall out again.

I suspect they'll send it off.

• MrsHD2015
    Beginner June 2015
    MrsHD2015 ·
    • Hide content

So we went back to H Samuel today and they can repair it but it has to be sent off and could take up to 6 weeks Smiley sad I am so gutted! Had to buy a cheap ring from claire's accessories to wear for now as my finger feels so weird without it!

I really wanted it in time for Xmas as my OH and i are spending Xmas eve apart as i am going to stay with my parents and he has to work Smiley sad and also cos I am seeing my sister for the first time since my engagement and really wanted to show her my ring Smiley sadnow it looks like I won't have it back in time for Xmas, New Year or my Birthday in January!

I am so upset just hope it doesn't take too long and I can have it back soon Smiley sad xx

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

i know its not nice to not have the ring when you want to show it ff but much better to have it fixed properly. its only six weeks for somehing youll be wearing for the rest of your life, itll go very quickly. it sounds like you were pretty lucky to me, youve still got the diamond and theyve agreed to fix it.

• MrsHD2015
    Beginner June 2015
    MrsHD2015 ·
    • Hide content

That's true, I am so glad I found the diamond. I'll be glad to have it fixed properly I just miss it so much already! I'm not really a jewellery person and I don't wear any other jewellery at all so I really notice it missing Smiley sad

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics