Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner October 2012

Engagement ring repair grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

TracieGtobe, 6 October, 2011 at 16:02 Posted on Planning 0 3

Am so not happy today!!

my engagement ring was brought from H Samuels at end of july. Then 4 weeks ago I noticed that it kept catching cos it had a sharp bit, so I took it in and they said that a claw had snapped and they woudl repair it. so off it went....

Went in to collect it today and OMG i dont know what they have done to it!

my ring has a central stone, then 3 small stones either side of it - looks like a sweetie wrapper if you can imagine. Well one side (the side they have repaired i guess) is now smaller than the other. The stones are smaller, the setting is out of line. The stones are set lower than the other side and the whole thing just looks totally crap.

I refused to accept it and showed the sales girl - she said she couldnt see it, but then her eyes were crap..... then instantly said but I'll send it back and see what they say!

So my ring has been sent off again to see what they say and wont be back till end of October. FFs I have only worn it for about 4 weeks and it wasnt a cheap ring.

Does anyone know what my rights are if I am still unhappy with it when it returns?

Maybe I am being picky cos its only off balanced, the stones etc are all still there (albeit smaller) but I really dont want to feel "unsatsified" with my engagement ring Smiley sad especially since I work on TV and there are often close ups of my hands and I dont want to constantly see it and be annoyed cos its wrong! Smiley sad

3 replies

Latest activity by jen_84, 6 October, 2011 at 16:49
  • far2calm
    Beginner May 2012
    far2calm ·
    • Hide content

I would be demanding a new one, they have sold you faulty goods, that cant be right!

I had a similar problem, one of the diamonds wasnt set right and i tried to ignore it for a few weeks but couldnt so went back to the shop and they said before even looking at the ring they would send if off to get fixed. But I said no straight away and when they took a closer look at it they agreed it was faulted and replaced it there and then.

Keep pushing, at the end of the day they should want your business you still have wedding rings to buy!!!!

• jen_84
    Beginner August 2012
    jen_84 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No! You're not being picky! If it's not of a high enough quality they need to resolve the situaiton. I have no idea about rights I'm afraid but I would say you can expect an engagment ring to be even on both sides.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics