Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner April 2015

Engagement Ring shopping - London

Sarah Hennessy, 14 of November of 2013 at 12:37 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi Everyone,

I'm very new to Hitched and could do with some tips. Can anyone recommend a good jewellers to purchase an engagement ring in London. The choices online are enormous and we’re feeling a bit overwhelmed with it all.

Thanks,

Sarah

6 replies

Latest activity by MinkyPinkyBlush, 14 of November of 2013 at 14:03
  • lil_2014
    Beginner July 2014
    lil_2014 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Sarah, welcome!

OH got mine from https://www.hirshlondon.com, they were lovely with customer services, and readjusted the ring for free when we needed.

Highly recommended!

• S
    Beginner September 2014
    Sept14 ·
    • Hide content

My OH get mine from Sterling Diamonds in Hatton Garden, really good service. I had to have it resized and it wasn't a problem at all, in fact he arranged for it to be done in a day as we're not from London and were up for the weekend.

Would defintetly recommend.

• M
    Beginner September 2014
    MinkyPinkyBlush ·
    • Hide content

Hi Sarah

I went to Bella Diamonds - they were fab. Have since had my ring valued for insurance purposes - needless to say mr groom is happy! Smiley smile x

34-35 Hatton Garden (Rear basement) EC1N 8DX London, United Kingdom

• Alreadymarried
    Alreadymarried ·
    • Hide content

Go round Hatton Gardens and haggle.

We've bought rings from Jade and Madison. Trying to think where my engagement ring was from..Alexander Craig I think?

• S
    Beginner April 2015
    Sarah Hennessy ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Everyone - I was thinking Hatton Gardens was the place to go so now you've all confirmed ?

Someone mentioned haggling - is that the done thing - again Im clueless!! Don't want to be made a fool of and pay full wack!

• Lady V
    Beginner November 2015
    Lady V ·
    • Hide content

Definitely hatton garden as everyone else has said. and do haggle if you can bear it - it's mildly embarrassing to start off with if it's not in your nature but we are fast discovering that in these hard times most people are willing to offer a discount to get the business ?

• M
    Beginner September 2014
    MinkyPinkyBlush ·
    • Hide content

We just said what our budget was. We could of stretched an extra couple of hundred pounds but don't tell them that Smiley winking

If your budget was £800 - tell them your budget is £600 - although if something especially nice for the extra £150/200 you could work something out together xxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics