Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner

Engagement ring size advice - should I have it made smaller?

SunnyPinkHair83884, 10 of February of 2020 at 11:25 Posted on Planning 0

Hi everyone Smiley smile

This is my first ever post and I am really hoping for some help and advice/ opinions please Smiley smile

My other half proposed to me on Christmas Day, he used my Nana’s ring and then we went to either have this re-sized or choose another ring together after Christmas. Unfortunately it wasn’t possible to resize or set my Nana’s ring so we went down the new route. We found THE perfect ring and it needed to be made for me as my finger size was smaller than the standard sizing – I was between a G.5 and an H and we ended up going with the H. My ring literally arrived on Friday and we love it BUT…… I’m unsure if it is too big still L am hoping for some experience with others to guide me please Smiley smile

The ring has never fallen off on its own but when I’m normal temp/ cool my knuckle doesn’t offer much resistance to take it off. From detective google I have established I am probably a tapered finger shape (so basically my knuckles aren’t bigger than the top of my finger) which I think makes the situation trickier. However when I’m warm (or if I’ve had a few Proseccos!) it fits I would say perfectly - need to twist it for a couple of seconds to get it off.

I’ve seen such varying advice……. One of my friends thinks it is definitely too big (we work together and our office is fairly cool and I guess im not very active there so my fingers are probably at their smallest), my other friends think it is fine and I should wait as in the summer it might be too small and also mentioned having children and also generally ageing affecting finger size in the future etc etc.

My ring has pave diamonds down the band and just a small clear space underneath for adjustments to be made. For this reason I would like to avoid resizing it as much as possible as know it runs the risk of loosening the diamonds and I don’t know how often this type of ring can be resized??

Please help! Really unsure what to do… leave it and wear a ring guard for a bit? is it better to be a bit bigger? Any and all advice/ shared experience is much appreciated Smiley smile

Charlotte

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Yours sounds similar sized to mine - it's quite loose when my hand is cold, but it can be difficult to take off when my hand is hot. I'd leave it until you have the wedding ring as well - I've found that my finger is a little bit fatter near the knuckle, and I think when my wedding ring is on the base of my finger, the engagement ring will be pushed up to the slightly wider bit and will hopefully sit a bit better. I wouldn't want it any smaller as I think it would be too tight in hot weather.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics