Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sparkly Bear
Beginner October 2015

Engagement Ring 'Stopper/Protector'

Sparkly Bear, 23 of August of 2013 at 13:53 Posted on Planning 0 2

Afternoon All,

Just a quick question, I go on holiday in a few days and I want to continue wearing my engagement ring. Is there anything I can wear to ensure it doesn't slip off in the sea? The ring fits snuggly on my hand, and I struggle to get it off at the best of times, but I just want to be extra safe! I have tried looking on ebay, but I just end up with fishing rings and bottle stoppers!

Any advice, would be greatly appreciated! Thanks x

2 replies

Latest activity by Childhood-Sweet<3, 23 of August of 2013 at 14:23
  • H
    Beginner August 2014
    HundredMonkeys ·
    • Hide content

Not sure about particular "stoppers" but could you get a cheap ring and wear it above it to stop it from slipping? It won't matter if the cheapy ring goes first! Failing that, I would just not wear the ring when I'm swimming. If you've got a hotel safe or somewhere safe in the room, I would just take it off and wear it again later. I wouldn't want to risk losing it or it getting damaged.

• H
    Beginner August 2014
    HundredMonkeys ·
    • Hide content

By "goes first" I mean, slips off first!

• Childhood-Sweet<3
    Beginner July 2014
    Childhood-Sweet<3 ·
    • Hide content

My friend has recently lost a lot of weight and doesn't want to get her ring re-sized until she has got to her target. The ring is now pretty loose so she wears these with it https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pack-Invisible-Ring-Size-Adjusters/dp/B0014QP93W

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics