Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Dreamysmiles
Beginner October 2013

Engagement ring too small?

Dreamysmiles, 5 of June of 2013 at 13:11 Posted on Planning 0 14

My boyfriend/fiancée (eek) proposed on Monday. The ring was already chosen and just needed my ring size. I have a ring that I wear on my right hand that is size I (I have skinny fingers) the ring was overnighted and has just arrived BUT... It feels a little tight. It goes on fine and feels a little tight but it's not sore and my finger doesn't lose circulation lol. It doesn't come off easy AT ALL!!! It was sore and very tight. My question is...should I get it resized? Or be glad that its never going to fall off! Haha my fingers don't usually swell etc so it's not likely to get tighter feeling.

Hopefully you can help me make this decision.

PS. We haven't announced our engagement as we're waiting for the ring....

14 replies

Latest activity by Italybride14, 7 of June of 2013 at 09:34
  • Childhood-Sweet<3
    Beginner July 2014
    Childhood-Sweet<3 ·
    • Hide content

In all honesty I would get it re-sized. It will be worth it Smiley smile

• Childhood-Sweet<3
    Beginner July 2014
    Childhood-Sweet<3 ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations by the way!!! xx

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    Sammyj74 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, and congratulations on your engagement ?

I have the same problem with my ring, I can get it on but it is tight over my knuckles and is very difficult to get off. I decide that I would wear it as it is and nearer the wedding when we go to choose wedding rings I will get it made half a size bigger then

Hope this helps

Sam x

• Foo
    Beginner June 2014
    Foo ·
    • Hide content

I would get it resized - if you ever put on weight (or get pregnant!) it will be unwearable and most people's hands swell up a bit in hot weather.

• Laura DeBourde
    Laura DeBourde ·
    • Hide content

Oh I'm also a Size I in rings too! I would get it resized, just in case.

Congratulations by the way Smiley laugh

• Dreamysmiles
    Beginner October 2013
    Dreamysmiles ·
    • Hide content

Thanks I'm going to have it resized but I'm going to wait a while. OH works shifts and we want to tell people as a couple so waiting til Friday. It seems ages away and iv been struggling so far! I'm just too excited. If I got it resized now then we would need to wait til I got it back (and I'm too damn impatient for that!) Iv been a lurker here for ages and I'm just wanting to shout from the rooftops haha

• M
    Beginner July 2013
    MrsG2013 ·
    • Hide content

I'm a J and he ordered a K, The J is tight, it wont easily slide over my knuckle and it doesnt budge from the bottom of my finger but its comfortable. My fingers swell alot usually in the mornings and my ring can feel super tight (and to add to the problem i really cant get it off then!) it depends how you want it to fit. I like the tight snug fit I have ? Congratulations! When does the planning begin?! xxx

• W
    Beginner February 2014
    Wifeytobe88 ·
    • Hide content

OMG I've found people with smaller fingers than me! Mine's a K and people have made fun of me saying K stands for 'Kids'.

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content

My fingers are tiny too, I need an I to get it over my knuckle but it still swings around, especially when my fingers are cold. It does sit nicely when my hands are a bit warmer and if I'd gone any smaller it would be stuck. I would consider having it re-sized but only by about half a size if you struggle to get it back off.

• Italybride14
    Beginner May 2014
    Italybride14 ·
    • Hide content

Mines a K. Mines a tiny bit big unless my fingers are a bit swollen! I've thought about resizing but I'm going to wait until we get our wedding rings. Do you have side diamonds? That can make it harder to resize.

• Childhood-Sweet<3
    Beginner July 2014
    Childhood-Sweet<3 ·
    • Hide content

To the OP - Just a bit of quick maths, but did you get together 28th Oct 2006?? because that is when me and OH did too!!

• Dreamysmiles
    Beginner October 2013
    Dreamysmiles ·
    • Hide content

Yeah we did Smiley smile so long ago now haha. The night we met 2 mutual friends got engaged and they had been going out for 7 years so it was a running joke he would never wait that long! I thought it would happen the day before. I must be psychic and felt that it would happen soon as only joined here last month!

Italybride14 it has some diamond leading up the main part of the ring, how does it change the re-sizing process?

My fingers don't ever seem to swell, I'm over weight at the min and still have skinny piano fingers even when I was 9 months pregnant and the rest of me was SO swollen (even my neck!) my fingers stayed the same, so hopefully ill be ok until it can get re-sized?

MrsG2013 the planning? It's been a fairy tale in my head for so long so dont know where to start haha

• Horace
    Dedicated November 2013
    Horace ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations! I would probably get it resized, it could push up your finger higher when you wear it with a wedding ring and feel even tighter. I'm a ring size G and mine is a bit too big still, although I do have to wiggle it over my knuckle to get it in and off, but I'm expecting to sit better once worn with a wedding ring. HTH!

• Italybride14
    Beginner May 2014
    Italybride14 ·
    • Hide content

It just makes it more difficult as it loosens the settings of the diamond. A friend of mines diamond fell out afterwards! Just make sure you take it somewhere decent. It's whats putting me off changing mine to be honest as I'd be devastated if I lost my diamond!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics