Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

broganj
Dedicated January 2017

Engagement ring wrong size

broganj, 31 of December of 2013 at 15:41 Posted on Planning 0 10

So after OH and I got engaged we sat down together and started looking at rings. I found the perfect one on Etsy from a seller who has a ton of good reviews. We ordered it, paid for it and waited and waited for it to arrive from Florida. Unfortunately when it got here I tried it on and it's miles too big!

I checked the size of my ring finger what felt like a hundred times and at every possible time of day so I was certain I needed a J1/2. Checked all sorts of conversion charts and they all said that J1/2 is a US size 5 so that's what I ordered. The engagement ring however fits, slightly loosely, on my middle finger which according to my ring sizer is an M which makes the ring 2 and a half UK sizes too big.

I've been in touch with the seller and he's offered to pay for it to be resized over here so I don't have the hassle of sending it back to the states. I'm still absolutely gutted though as I was so excited to be able to wear my ring!!

10 replies

Latest activity by broganj, 7 of January of 2014 at 14:15
  • miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content

Aw, that's a shame, at least the seller is being helpful in offering to solve the problem though ;-)

I have ordered my wedding ring through Etsy from a seller in Israel which offered US ring sizes, it is on it's way to me now, having being dispatched a few days ago... You've made me worried now, I hope I don't have the same problem, as mine is a ring with an engraved pattern on it which means it won't be suitable for re-sizing ?

• broganj
    Dedicated January 2017
    broganj ·
    • Hide content

Oh no Miss Pickle, I didn't mean to worry anyone! I hope yours arrives the right size.

It is a bit of a hassle having to have it resized but I'm lucky that there's no engraving etc to prevent it being done. I didn't expect the seller to offer either so I am grateful. Now I've just got to find a jeweller near me that I trust to do it!!

• broganj
    Dedicated January 2017
    broganj ·
    • Hide content

Thought I best return to say I got some quotes for ring to be resized over here and went back to the jeweller who made my ring with them. He decided it would be more cost effective for him to have a new ring made for me and sent over for free. Fingers crossed the new one fits better! And in the meantime I'm sneakily wearing my ring on my middle finger occasionally as it's so pretty.

• alabastamasta
    Beginner May 2014
    alabastamasta ·
    • Hide content

Sorry to hear you've been having problems!

Miss pickle: it is possible to resize an engraved ring; I can point you in the right direction if you need some help - but I'm sure it will be fine Smiley smile

• broganj
    Dedicated January 2017
    broganj ·
    • Hide content

Oh dear Icebabe that sounds like a nightmare!

I know what you mean about the not wearing a ring thing. I've never really worn one before being engaged but now I feel weird knowing I should be wearing one but can't!

I'm really nervous that the replacement will either be too big or too small!

• miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

oh, that's good to know, thank you ;-) i have a parcel to collect from the post office, so fingers crossed it is my ring!

• broganj
    Dedicated January 2017
    broganj ·
    • Hide content

Nope, no date yet! We want to get married in April but I think next year will probably be too soon so I think I'm looking at April 2016.

Was it your ring in the end misspickle?

• miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes it was and it fits ?

• broganj
    Dedicated January 2017
    broganj ·
    • Hide content

Yay! Glad to hear it fits Miss Pickle.