Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

engagement rings - NO stones! (flash please)

14 of June of 2012 at 11:50 Posted on Planning 0 28

So, we are looking at engagement rings. I’m not a ring person (in fact I'm not a jewellery person) and I am definitely not a bling person!

Anyone got any suggestions for engagement rings that still look pretty (I am thinking maybe filigree) but without a stone.

Thanks !

28 replies

Latest activity by MrsG2B28.7.12, 17 of June of 2012 at 08:06
  • Zoomo13
    Beginner August 2015
    Zoomo13 ·
    • Hide content

As i like to be unusual i actually have a simple elegant white gold wedding band as my engagement ring with detail around the edge( sorry no pics) and will be getting maybe something with a stone on as wedding ring. a lot of 'actual' engagement rings are diamond based

• Katscamel
    Katscamel ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting my wedding ring in Dubai and when I was looking for inspiration found this site http://www.greenlakejewelry.com/gallery/gallery.aspx - there's some lovely stuff on it though very expensive but might give you some ideas.

• T
    Beginner July 2012
    Thursday Bride ·
    • Hide content

I don't like bling either ie very sparkly stones or claw settings so my OH designed this (it does still have a stone but it completely smooth/flat)

Sorry its SOOOO big!

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

Something like this?>

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

• Sloth
    Sloth ·
    • Hide content

Search Celtic Wedding Ring - I like this kind, the patten as above but not hearts. I would just consider the width if you are planning on having a wedding ring as well.

If you don't want it don't have one.

• friya123
    Beginner August 2013
    friya123 ·
    • Hide content

I think it's fab not to wear a ring if you don't want to! If people ask, just say "I don't need one!" Smiley smile There is the idea of tattoo rings though, those can be quite nice if they're done well.

• IshouldCoco
    Beginner September 2012
    IshouldCoco ·
    • Hide content

How about a wooden one?

• Soulmates
    Beginner August 2012
    Soulmates ·
    • Hide content

I've had some work done by https://www.facebook.com/theringlab Simon is fab and he has a few pics in his albums of rings without stones.

Lots of engraving ideas on there, text, morse code, you can even have fingerprints done!

He was really helpful x

• Katie V
    Katie V ·
    • Hide content

A friend of mine was also in this position. But they had sent out invites and started planning the wedding without her wearing one. And then when they were on holiday in Africa they saw a ring which was hand made out there and it is made of elephant hair, which is meant to bring good luck and happiness. So that's what she now wears as her engagement. But if you don't want one, then don't have one! :-)

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

Have a look at Jeremy Heber's stuff...

https://dd2.co.uk/Church_House_Jewellery/rings_cop.html

He's made a ring for me and I think he is brilliant.

• Soulmates
    Beginner August 2012
    Soulmates ·
    • Hide content

Ha Ha! The owner really is lovely, I'm sure if you tell him what you do /don't want he'll give you some ideas.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

?

• ESW
    Beginner September 2012
    ESW ·
    • Hide content

My engagement ring is my avatar - a little stone but I saw it and fell in love, I have my nan's engagement ring that has a bigger stone and to be honest I just kept hitting the stone on things with this I have no problem as the stone is the same height as the band.

Keep looking, look on lots of websites you'll eventually see something you like - good luck x

• Katscamel
    Katscamel ·
    • Hide content

Some ideas.........

• S
    Beginner December 2013
    sugarloaf ·
    • Hide content

Sorry if the picture's huge, I've not done this before!

I'm really not a jewellery person, but this is my engagement ring. Those are diamonds, but I'm sure you could get someone to do the sort of diamond cut in that sort of pattern? I was really afraid of bumping my ring if I got something raised higher (and to be honest I tried on a traditional engagement ring and it didn't do anything for me emotionally), and this is perfect for that sort of thing. My grandmother did admonish me for wearing a wedding ring (it's sold as a wedding ring, but it's the ring I was given when we got engaged, so it's my engagement ring!), but most people I've spoken to have said it's lovely and different and much more me than the standard. I plan to get a plain band to go with it as my wedding band.

• Carli_Joanna
    Carli_Joanna ·
    • Hide content

Lots of different patterned rings here

• ButterflyChild
    Beginner May 2013
    ButterflyChild ·
    • Hide content

Not at all. My Mum doesn't have an engagement ring, she didn't want one. She just has a plain white gold wedding band - it suits her.

• MrsG2B28.7.12
    Beginner July 2012
    MrsG2B28.7.12 ·
    • Hide content

Clogau do some lovely rings I have one of there silver and rose gold rings and it is really pretty.

They also do stacking rings which could work well if you got one as an engagement ring and one as a wedding ring as they wouldn't look too much.

/collections/womens-rings

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics