Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

EAC13
Beginner June 2013

Engagement/Wedding Ring Insurance?

EAC13, 24 of February of 2013 at 14:27 Posted on Planning 0 4

Is this something that you recommend? Is it a seperate insurance to your home contents insurance? If it makes a difference, my two rings together total around £1800 and my fiances is £550. Pardon the ignorance on the matter, any advise is appreciated, thanks!

4 replies

Latest activity by havecreditwillwed, 24 of February of 2013 at 20:28
  • I
    Beginner May 2013
    Ivana1985 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, valuables are covered under your home insurance subject to a £ limit, the amount depends on the policy. If the value of the rings (individually) are in excess of this you need to register them separately with the corresponding value. For example my engagement ring is listed separately but my wedding ring is covered under the general provisions of the policy. Hope this helps x

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

We initially had separate insurance due to value (about 9k total although no, we didn't actually pay that) but after that expired, we added them as specific items on the house insurance. That's fine as long as they are listed as specifics, and it's advisable to keep photos of the rings at home so if stolen and recovered by police, you can prove they are yours, and if lost forever the insurance company has proof that you did own items of this value.

• amihohu
    Beginner September 2013
    amihohu ·
    • Hide content

I have my engagement ring as a separate listed item as our home insurance would only cover up to 4k for one item, so it probably depends on your policy?

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

H got separate insurance for my engagement ring.

• havecreditwillwed
    Beginner August 2013
    havecreditwillwed ·
    • Hide content

I had mine added to our house insurance :-) Better safe than sorry! If you phone them they add it provisionally, then they ask you to send in the receipts. xxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics