Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner August 2016

English/Indian fusion wedding

Soontobe22, 27 of October of 2015 at 16:24 Posted on Planning 0

Hi, I am wondering if anybody could provide me with some inspiration. My partner and I are getting married next year, he is Indian Asian and I am British white. Neither of us are religious so are having a civil ceremony. However, I would love to have a nod towards my partners Indian heritage at some point during the reception. At the moment we have settled on a slightly vintage theme. We will be married in a civil venue then are laying on a bus to get everyone to the reception venue where we will have welcome drinks and afternoon tea. We are also thinking of an informal BBQ in the evening.

If anyone has any idea on how we could include a few Indian twists it would be appreciated! We are going to be having an Asian party a couple of days after the wedding but would still like to include a few bits if possible Smiley smile

• J
    Beginner
    jesscaar ·
    • Hide content

Hi!! I'm in pretty much the same situation - I'm still in early stages of planning, but I have a few ideas!

We're going to have a red and gold theme - red is an Indian bridal colour, and I think gold would work well with it. I still want to have a traditional wedding dress, but in gold or champagne with gold detail as white is a colour of mourning in India.

For food, I'm hoping to get an Indian street food cart/stall thing. A lot of MIL's family are strict Hindu's and vegetarians, so while they don't mind others eating meat, beef is most definitely off the menu. I think I may get another food cart or BBQ for people who don't fancy Indian. But still need to think about that a little bit more.

Oh, and I'm going to ask MIL to do some henna for me and the bridesmaids the night before.

I'm finding it hard to find much info on non-religious fusion weddings! Hopefully someone else has some more ideas Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics