Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

persian_princess986
Beginner September 2014

english/scotish/india/iranian (persian) fusion wedding

persian_princess986, 27 of August of 2012 at 15:36 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hiya, so my other half and i are adding touches of our heraitge to our wedding scotish, indian and persian, wondered if there was any lady's or gents out there that can help us, as the english is the main stay of the wedding, and with the scotish were just having whiskey and a thistle. but a little stuck on our indian and iranian influances, we have flowers picked one from each nationaillity, and were half way there on the food chelow kebab for start, with dip and iranian flat bread, and for pud were having the national fruit with our wedding cake. but for the main we wanted something indian, not spicy at all and a lamb and a veg option, any ideas.?

also i wanted idian inspired second dress for myself in a blush pink, and for my adult bridesmaids, in a champagne colour. any help or ideas would be great. with the dresses we dont want anything to embellished or heavy, i want it quite light, but still bling. as our theme is old hollywood glamour, and want to stick with it, and not get side tracked, but just add little touches within that of the indian, iranian to it. our colours are blush/dusky pink, ivory and gold.

thanks again.

8 replies

Latest activity by missmandymoo, 29 of August of 2012 at 10:56
  • Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

Drop the e in whiskey for the true Scottish spelling of the liquor.....?

• persian_princess986
    Beginner September 2014
    persian_princess986 ·
    • Hide content

Hey peter, sorry bout that my dyslexia won out that time...loool thanks for spotting it though, i never would have, hahah x

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Now I feel bad........?

• clarehj
    Beginner April 2012
    clarehj ·
    • Hide content

Hi Persian Princess

Ignore anything negative!

Your wedding sounds fanstastic. I love little touches. I struggled with mine as it was English but we wanted to incorporate French touches, and had macarons, french cheeses and danced to a traditional french first dance.

Is there any kind of dance you can do? Or maybe some Persian music?

• persian_princess986
    Beginner September 2014
    persian_princess986 ·
    • Hide content

Hey peter dont sweat it, its no biggie. without u i would have never spotted my spelling mistake. lol Smiley smile

• persian_princess986
    Beginner September 2014
    persian_princess986 ·
    • Hide content

Hey clarehj, thanks. french sounds lovely.

yes was going to put a couple of tradional indian bollywood style wedding or love songs in as well as some persian.

and were also haveing a sofreh aghd, tradtional persian wedding cermony.

as well as whiskey for favors and maybe toasting drink, indian and persian sweets also for favors.

were having the national fruit from each country for pudding with our wedding cake, and we have one of each national flower for the bouquets, with flowers flowers flowers, and its custom in both persia and indian, to have an abundance of flowers.

and our cake is going to be decorated on the out side with some kind of embroidery looking pattern, in an indian style, with sparkle added to it, to add the hollywood glamour essence, to bring it together.

just trying to thing what else i could add and beside food, drink, flowers, a touch of music, favors, and my second dress having an middle eastern/Asian design influence. lol. xx

• missmandymoo
    Beginner August 2014
    missmandymoo ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I thought this article might be of interest to you... it's a gorgeous Moroccan/Persian/Welsh fusion wedding.

A Moroccan Masterpiece

Here's some sneaky pics from the article...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics