Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Nikki
Beginner March 2022 North Yorkshire

Entertainment

Nikki, 26 of January of 2021 at 12:20 Posted on Planning 0 2
Hi guys, we are really struggling to decide what to do about entertainment and wondered what everyone else was doing. We have the ceremony at 1pm and the whole day is at the same venue so I’m a little bit conscious of there being ‘down times’ where people get bored. Our entertainment budget is around £1000 so I’ve sort of come to the conclusion that we can either have live music+DJ on the evening and nothing in the day or just a DJ at night and then some acoustic music and a magician during the day. Thoughts?

2 replies

Latest activity by Kept, 26 of January of 2021 at 15:37
  • Charlotte
    Dedicated February 2022 South East London
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    I don’t think you will need music during the day but it depends what else is going on. Our ceremony is an hour later that yours, but timing-wise we are looking at:
    2:00 ceremony
    2:30 drinks and canapés 4:00 speeches4:30 wedding breakfast6:00 bar opens - cutting the cake, people mill and chat while the DJ sets up 7:30 first dance/ DJ starts
  • Kept
    Savvy November 2020 Devon
    Kept ·
    • Hide content

Hi Nikki,

There are two main lull points to a wedding, that is between the ceremony and the wedding breakfast and from the wedding breakfast to the evening reception. There are many factors that would effect my advice on what would be the best option to go with, such as when the wedding breakfast will be served, what type of wedding breakfast you have gone for and a bit more info on the type of guests you have coming.

I would say you might struggle to get a DJ, Magician and live music for £1000 so I would say focus on one or two of these ideas.

With love,

Laura

Kept Weddings

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics